Oct 28, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
As the lockout trudges onward, a pair of all-star goalies are now considering leaving North America to get work in Europe.
Penguins netminder Marc-Andre Fleury tells Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that while he’s killing time working out and trying to stay fresh, he’s considering heading to Europe. Fleury was set to split time with Tomas Vokoun this season in Pittsburgh, but that monster tandem has been delayed thanks to the work stoppage.
Meanwhile in Buffalo, Ryan Miller tells Craig Custance of ESPN the Magazine, ”If a team needs a goalie, I need to start considering it.” You may remember we had Miller’s thoughts on the lockout earlier this week in which he took NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman to task.
The issue these two goalies may run into, however, is not being able to secure a top job. While many teams might want to add a superstar goalie to help bring the fans out, other goalies have found it hard to land work abroad. You’d like to think guys of Fleury and Miller’s capabilities wouldn’t have much trouble, however.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 14
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 13
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 22
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)