Oct 28, 2012, 11:30 AM EST
As the lockout trudges onward, a pair of all-star goalies are now considering leaving North America to get work in Europe.
Penguins netminder Marc-Andre Fleury tells Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that while he’s killing time working out and trying to stay fresh, he’s considering heading to Europe. Fleury was set to split time with Tomas Vokoun this season in Pittsburgh, but that monster tandem has been delayed thanks to the work stoppage.
Meanwhile in Buffalo, Ryan Miller tells Craig Custance of ESPN the Magazine, ”If a team needs a goalie, I need to start considering it.” You may remember we had Miller’s thoughts on the lockout earlier this week in which he took NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman to task.
The issue these two goalies may run into, however, is not being able to secure a top job. While many teams might want to add a superstar goalie to help bring the fans out, other goalies have found it hard to land work abroad. You’d like to think guys of Fleury and Miller’s capabilities wouldn’t have much trouble, however.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 28
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 24
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 42
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)