Oct 28, 2012, 11:30 AM EDT
As the lockout trudges onward, a pair of all-star goalies are now considering leaving North America to get work in Europe.
Penguins netminder Marc-Andre Fleury tells Shelly Anderson of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that while he’s killing time working out and trying to stay fresh, he’s considering heading to Europe. Fleury was set to split time with Tomas Vokoun this season in Pittsburgh, but that monster tandem has been delayed thanks to the work stoppage.
Meanwhile in Buffalo, Ryan Miller tells Craig Custance of ESPN the Magazine, “If a team needs a goalie, I need to start considering it.” You may remember we had Miller’s thoughts on the lockout earlier this week in which he took NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman to task.
The issue these two goalies may run into, however, is not being able to secure a top job. While many teams might want to add a superstar goalie to help bring the fans out, other goalies have found it hard to land work abroad. You’d like to think guys of Fleury and Miller’s capabilities wouldn’t have much trouble, however.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 0
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 11
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 64
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)