Oct 28, 2012, 8:06 PM EST
It’s not the same as dominating competition on the highest level, but Justin Schultz is doing his part to show why teams were clamoring to sign him during the summer.
The Edmonton Oilers’ prospect scored two power-play goals for the Oklahoma City Barons in a 4-2 win against the Texas Stars today, pushing his AHL point total to 12 in seven games.
He’s had at least one point in all seven contests, too.
Oh yeah, those 12 points also leads the entire AHL … and he’s a defenseman.
Check out the Schultz-heavy highlights from the game in the video below.
It’s the kind of start that inspires some big-time excitement, including this amusing bit from Sportsnet’s Chris Nichols.
Chris Nichols (@Nichols_NHLPool) October 28, 2012
- BREAKING: Voynov charged with felony for domestic violence 4
- NHL responds to concussion lawsuit, says players should have ‘put two and two together’ 10
- (Video) PHT Extra: Carlyle’s on the hot seat, Hartley’s riding high 0
- Hextall launched profanity-laced tirade against Flyers last night 28
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him 53
- NHL watching 3-on-3 OT in the AHL closely 12
- Sens’ Murray hopes to bring cancer awareness 5
- Pens’ Dupuis has blood clot in lung, out six months 25
- It’s not all Carlyle’s fault, but the Leafs’ coach is failing at his job 12
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers host Flyers on Rivalry Night 4
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (53)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)
- After Voynov suspension, Lombardi wonders if teams need a ‘cushion’ in case a player is a ‘bank robber, kleptomaniac’ (51)
- Video: Malkin runs over Girardi (Updated) (41)
- Bettman calls Panthers relocation speculation ‘unfounded’ (36)