Oct 28, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
It’s not the same as dominating competition on the highest level, but Justin Schultz is doing his part to show why teams were clamoring to sign him during the summer.
The Edmonton Oilers’ prospect scored two power-play goals for the Oklahoma City Barons in a 4-2 win against the Texas Stars today, pushing his AHL point total to 12 in seven games.
He’s had at least one point in all seven contests, too.
Oh yeah, those 12 points also leads the entire AHL … and he’s a defenseman.
Check out the Schultz-heavy highlights from the game in the video below.
It’s the kind of start that inspires some big-time excitement, including this amusing bit from Sportsnet’s Chris Nichols.
Chris Nichols (@Nichols_NHLPool) October 28, 2012
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 0
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 21
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 7
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 4
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 48
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)