Oct 28, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
It’s not the same as dominating competition on the highest level, but Justin Schultz is doing his part to show why teams were clamoring to sign him during the summer.
The Edmonton Oilers’ prospect scored two power-play goals for the Oklahoma City Barons in a 4-2 win against the Texas Stars today, pushing his AHL point total to 12 in seven games.
He’s had at least one point in all seven contests, too.
Oh yeah, those 12 points also leads the entire AHL … and he’s a defenseman.
Check out the Schultz-heavy highlights from the game in the video below.
It’s the kind of start that inspires some big-time excitement, including this amusing bit from Sportsnet’s Chris Nichols.
Chris Nichols (@Nichols_NHLPool) October 28, 2012
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 11
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 4
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 12
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 28
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Richards: If not for the cap, half the league would want to play for Hawks (36)