Oct 28, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
It’s not the same as dominating competition on the highest level, but Justin Schultz is doing his part to show why teams were clamoring to sign him during the summer.
The Edmonton Oilers’ prospect scored two power-play goals for the Oklahoma City Barons in a 4-2 win against the Texas Stars today, pushing his AHL point total to 12 in seven games.
He’s had at least one point in all seven contests, too.
Oh yeah, those 12 points also leads the entire AHL … and he’s a defenseman.
Check out the Schultz-heavy highlights from the game in the video below.
It’s the kind of start that inspires some big-time excitement, including this amusing bit from Sportsnet’s Chris Nichols.
Chris Nichols (@Nichols_NHLPool) October 28, 2012
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 23
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 94
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 18
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (95)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)