Oct 28, 2012, 8:06 PM EDT
It’s not the same as dominating competition on the highest level, but Justin Schultz is doing his part to show why teams were clamoring to sign him during the summer.
The Edmonton Oilers’ prospect scored two power-play goals for the Oklahoma City Barons in a 4-2 win against the Texas Stars today, pushing his AHL point total to 12 in seven games.
He’s had at least one point in all seven contests, too.
Oh yeah, those 12 points also leads the entire AHL … and he’s a defenseman.
Check out the Schultz-heavy highlights from the game in the video below.
It’s the kind of start that inspires some big-time excitement, including this amusing bit from Sportsnet’s Chris Nichols.
Chris Nichols (@Nichols_NHLPool) October 28, 2012
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 5
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 9
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Spooner scores, but coach Julien’s not happy (23)