Oct 28, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs are reportedly hot for Roberto Luongo.
After Sportsnet’s John Shannon reported the Leafs were looking to swing a deal with Vancouver after the lockout ends, the much rumored about Canucks goalie was again back in the spotlight.
Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun hears from the Olympic gold medalist and how he’d rather not discuss what might be in his future.
“I don’t want to speculate on anything because there are a lot of rumors,” Luongo said.
“Obviously, when the time comes and I do have to make a decision we’ll make one with the best interests for myself, the team and all that kind of stuff,” he said. “But for now I think my focus is just on being ready to play no matter where that is.”
While Luongo recognizes there are rumors about where he’s going, his agent said last week he hadn’t heard anything about the Leafs being interested. Huh.
Maybe we should just keep an eye on what ole’ @Strombone1 is saying if we want the real dirt.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)