Oct 28, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs are reportedly hot for Roberto Luongo.
After Sportsnet’s John Shannon reported the Leafs were looking to swing a deal with Vancouver after the lockout ends, the much rumored about Canucks goalie was again back in the spotlight.
Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun hears from the Olympic gold medalist and how he’d rather not discuss what might be in his future.
“I don’t want to speculate on anything because there are a lot of rumors,” Luongo said.
“Obviously, when the time comes and I do have to make a decision we’ll make one with the best interests for myself, the team and all that kind of stuff,” he said. “But for now I think my focus is just on being ready to play no matter where that is.”
While Luongo recognizes there are rumors about where he’s going, his agent said last week he hadn’t heard anything about the Leafs being interested. Huh.
Maybe we should just keep an eye on what ole’ @Strombone1 is saying if we want the real dirt.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 22
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 21
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 33
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (67)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)