Oct 28, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
The Toronto Maple Leafs are reportedly hot for Roberto Luongo.
After Sportsnet’s John Shannon reported the Leafs were looking to swing a deal with Vancouver after the lockout ends, the much rumored about Canucks goalie was again back in the spotlight.
Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun hears from the Olympic gold medalist and how he’d rather not discuss what might be in his future.
“I don’t want to speculate on anything because there are a lot of rumors,” Luongo said.
“Obviously, when the time comes and I do have to make a decision we’ll make one with the best interests for myself, the team and all that kind of stuff,” he said. “But for now I think my focus is just on being ready to play no matter where that is.”
While Luongo recognizes there are rumors about where he’s going, his agent said last week he hadn’t heard anything about the Leafs being interested. Huh.
Maybe we should just keep an eye on what ole’ @Strombone1 is saying if we want the real dirt.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5