Oct 28, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
The Toronto Maple Leafs are reportedly hot for Roberto Luongo.
After Sportsnet’s John Shannon reported the Leafs were looking to swing a deal with Vancouver after the lockout ends, the much rumored about Canucks goalie was again back in the spotlight.
Brad Ziemer of the Vancouver Sun hears from the Olympic gold medalist and how he’d rather not discuss what might be in his future.
“I don’t want to speculate on anything because there are a lot of rumors,” Luongo said.
“Obviously, when the time comes and I do have to make a decision we’ll make one with the best interests for myself, the team and all that kind of stuff,” he said. “But for now I think my focus is just on being ready to play no matter where that is.”
While Luongo recognizes there are rumors about where he’s going, his agent said last week he hadn’t heard anything about the Leafs being interested. Huh.
Maybe we should just keep an eye on what ole’ @Strombone1 is saying if we want the real dirt.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11