Oct 28, 2012, 3:00 PM EST
Like most NHL players, Columbus’ Jack Johnson is not happy about being locked out. Unlike most players, however, Johnson has his own website to speak his mind and let his thoughts be known and he sounded off on the owners in a big way asking, “Where is the honor?”
“The concept that the owners are trying to dismantle existing contracts that they in good faith offered, signed, and committed to is appalling, unprofessional and disgraceful. I negotiated my own contract, without an agent, with the confidence and belief that the owner offering me that contract operated by the same convictions and principals as I do.”
Johnson reiterates the same points about how the NHLPA offered to play without a CBA and that an NHL player’s career is short enough without a lockout.
Here’s the awkward part of all this: Johnson’s website is part of the NHL.com network of sites hosted by the league.
Former L.A. Kings website beat writer Rich Hammond was reportedly chided by the league for reporting what the players were saying about the lockout and quit his position with the Kings because of it.
You have to wonder how long Johnson’s post will remain up there but in the meantime, here’s a screen capture of it if/when the NHL decides to take it down.
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 22
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 29
- (Video) PHT Extra: Christmas wish lists from around the NHL 2
- PHT interviews Don Maloney, who knows he has a big trade chip in Vermette 7
- Backstrom to start for Wild, who need their goalies to be ‘better’ 13
- NHL on NBCSN: Avs challenge Blues after narrow losses to St. Louis 6
- Gaudreau’s first hat trick helps Flames stun Kings 7
- Fowler after Ducks’ win vs. Sharks: ‘We never give up’ 1
- Daly: Fehr’s lockout prediction ‘naive and uneducated’ 23
- Pens send Downie, Sutter, Greiss home for mumps test (Updated) 13
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (65)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Who are the Bruins targeting in trade talks? (47)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (42)