Oct 28, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Like most NHL players, Columbus’ Jack Johnson is not happy about being locked out. Unlike most players, however, Johnson has his own website to speak his mind and let his thoughts be known and he sounded off on the owners in a big way asking, “Where is the honor?”
“The concept that the owners are trying to dismantle existing contracts that they in good faith offered, signed, and committed to is appalling, unprofessional and disgraceful. I negotiated my own contract, without an agent, with the confidence and belief that the owner offering me that contract operated by the same convictions and principals as I do.”
Johnson reiterates the same points about how the NHLPA offered to play without a CBA and that an NHL player’s career is short enough without a lockout.
Here’s the awkward part of all this: Johnson’s website is part of the NHL.com network of sites hosted by the league.
Former L.A. Kings website beat writer Rich Hammond was reportedly chided by the league for reporting what the players were saying about the lockout and quit his position with the Kings because of it.
You have to wonder how long Johnson’s post will remain up there but in the meantime, here’s a screen capture of it if/when the NHL decides to take it down.
- Giroux leaves ice after 15 minutes with lower-body injury 0
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 4
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 24
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 14
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 7
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 12
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)