Oct 28, 2012, 3:00 PM EDT
Like most NHL players, Columbus’ Jack Johnson is not happy about being locked out. Unlike most players, however, Johnson has his own website to speak his mind and let his thoughts be known and he sounded off on the owners in a big way asking, “Where is the honor?”
“The concept that the owners are trying to dismantle existing contracts that they in good faith offered, signed, and committed to is appalling, unprofessional and disgraceful. I negotiated my own contract, without an agent, with the confidence and belief that the owner offering me that contract operated by the same convictions and principals as I do.”
Johnson reiterates the same points about how the NHLPA offered to play without a CBA and that an NHL player’s career is short enough without a lockout.
Here’s the awkward part of all this: Johnson’s website is part of the NHL.com network of sites hosted by the league.
Former L.A. Kings website beat writer Rich Hammond was reportedly chided by the league for reporting what the players were saying about the lockout and quit his position with the Kings because of it.
You have to wonder how long Johnson’s post will remain up there but in the meantime, here’s a screen capture of it if/when the NHL decides to take it down.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 42
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)