Oct 28, 2012, 10:50 PM EST
Keith Tkachuk sees some clear parallels between the Columbus Blue Jackets team John Davidson is taking over and the St. Louis Blues franchise he helped turn around, as he told Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch.
“I’m sure it will be very similar to what he faced in St. Louis,” Tkachuk said. “Our team was kind of gutted. Our fans were frustrated. We had to start from scratch, and he knew that coming in. He didn’t panic. He built and built and built. And he did it in his unique way.”
Observers told Portzline that his style comes down to getting to know people, reading them and making sure people are on the same page.
And getting rid of the people who won’t fall in line.
“There’s an all-inclusive mentality, absolutely, and there’s tremendous patience in that man,” One NHL executive said. “But he ends up just extinguishing people who have their own agendas, or people who undermine the effort to all push in the same direction. He sniffs out the bad apples in a hurry. He has no time for those people.”
Thanks to the lockout, he’ll have some time to soak everything in and begin to identify “those people.”
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)