Oct 28, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Following the announcement that all November games had been canceled, Matt Cullen unleashed a lengthy rant to the Minnesota Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo.
The prevailing theme was that he’s confused that the NHL and NHLPA could go from seemingly making solid progress to another round of bitter rhetoric.
“I mean, I don’t care [about the rhetoric] in the media and on Twitter or whatever from both sides. It’s very close,” Cullen said. “It’s like, we’re both at 50-50. We’re extremely close when you look at the whole big picture. It sure seems like it would be an absolute shame to lose more hockey when we’re so close. Just get in the same room and get this thing hammered out.”
Cullen admits that he understands fans’ frustrations and shared some frustrations of his own.
“It’s frustrating, so I can understand everybody’s frustration from a fan’s standpoint, to the player’s standpoint. Everybody’s frustrated, and a lot of it stems from the fact that we finally have made some progress and both sides have moved together a little,” Cullen said. ” … Let’s get back in the room – everybody – and sit down and get this done. That’s what we’re here to do. It’s not like we have anything else going on in our days. Let’s get this done. This is Priority One. Let’s go.”
Now that’s the right attitude.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 6
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5