Oct 28, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Following the announcement that all November games had been canceled, Matt Cullen unleashed a lengthy rant to the Minnesota Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo.
The prevailing theme was that he’s confused that the NHL and NHLPA could go from seemingly making solid progress to another round of bitter rhetoric.
“I mean, I don’t care [about the rhetoric] in the media and on Twitter or whatever from both sides. It’s very close,” Cullen said. “It’s like, we’re both at 50-50. We’re extremely close when you look at the whole big picture. It sure seems like it would be an absolute shame to lose more hockey when we’re so close. Just get in the same room and get this thing hammered out.”
Cullen admits that he understands fans’ frustrations and shared some frustrations of his own.
“It’s frustrating, so I can understand everybody’s frustration from a fan’s standpoint, to the player’s standpoint. Everybody’s frustrated, and a lot of it stems from the fact that we finally have made some progress and both sides have moved together a little,” Cullen said. ” … Let’s get back in the room – everybody – and sit down and get this done. That’s what we’re here to do. It’s not like we have anything else going on in our days. Let’s get this done. This is Priority One. Let’s go.”
Now that’s the right attitude.
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 7
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 6
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 31
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 54
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 83
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut