Oct 28, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Following the announcement that all November games had been canceled, Matt Cullen unleashed a lengthy rant to the Minnesota Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo.
The prevailing theme was that he’s confused that the NHL and NHLPA could go from seemingly making solid progress to another round of bitter rhetoric.
“I mean, I don’t care [about the rhetoric] in the media and on Twitter or whatever from both sides. It’s very close,” Cullen said. “It’s like, we’re both at 50-50. We’re extremely close when you look at the whole big picture. It sure seems like it would be an absolute shame to lose more hockey when we’re so close. Just get in the same room and get this thing hammered out.”
Cullen admits that he understands fans’ frustrations and shared some frustrations of his own.
“It’s frustrating, so I can understand everybody’s frustration from a fan’s standpoint, to the player’s standpoint. Everybody’s frustrated, and a lot of it stems from the fact that we finally have made some progress and both sides have moved together a little,” Cullen said. ” … Let’s get back in the room – everybody – and sit down and get this done. That’s what we’re here to do. It’s not like we have anything else going on in our days. Let’s get this done. This is Priority One. Let’s go.”
Now that’s the right attitude.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 3
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)