Oct 28, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Following the announcement that all November games had been canceled, Matt Cullen unleashed a lengthy rant to the Minnesota Star-Tribune’s Michael Russo.
The prevailing theme was that he’s confused that the NHL and NHLPA could go from seemingly making solid progress to another round of bitter rhetoric.
“I mean, I don’t care [about the rhetoric] in the media and on Twitter or whatever from both sides. It’s very close,” Cullen said. “It’s like, we’re both at 50-50. We’re extremely close when you look at the whole big picture. It sure seems like it would be an absolute shame to lose more hockey when we’re so close. Just get in the same room and get this thing hammered out.”
Cullen admits that he understands fans’ frustrations and shared some frustrations of his own.
“It’s frustrating, so I can understand everybody’s frustration from a fan’s standpoint, to the player’s standpoint. Everybody’s frustrated, and a lot of it stems from the fact that we finally have made some progress and both sides have moved together a little,” Cullen said. ” … Let’s get back in the room – everybody – and sit down and get this done. That’s what we’re here to do. It’s not like we have anything else going on in our days. Let’s get this done. This is Priority One. Let’s go.”
Now that’s the right attitude.
- Cardiac Cats: Panthers win as Reimer, Leafs fade in third 3
- Report: Canes’ Jordan Staal to make season debut Monday 1
- ‘We can build on this': Devils lose with Lou Lamoriello behind the bench 7
- Video: Nyquist scores OT winner on incredible individual effort 8
- Video: Ovechkin crushes Letang, Capitals cruise by the Penguins 7
- Video: Prout, Lucic drop the gloves in highly anticipated scrap 73
- Video: NHL on NBC panel breaks down the coaching situation in New Jersey 4
- Lou Lamoriello unveils highly unorthodox coaching plan 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks, Kings renew hostilities 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Can Capitals take advantage of depleted Penguins? 2