Oct 27, 2012, 9:28 PM EDT
If his impressive KHL start is any indication, Nail Yakupov is a quick study when it comes to finding the net.
His two-goal performance in Neftekhimik’s 6-5 win against Atlant gives him eight tallies in the still-young KHL season.
One might charge the 2012 draft’s top choice with being a little one-dimensional early on – he only has two assists – but that seems like nitpicking at this point. He’s already fired 43 shots on goal, indicating that his knack for finding the net is probably no accident.
Edmonton Oilers fans can be excused for daydreaming of the 1-2 punch that could one day result from Yakupov finishing off Ryan Nugent-Hopkins deft passes.
Regardless, it seems like the young Russian forward is off to a promising start.
- Hitch needs ‘time to reflect’ before making decision on future 0
- Rutherford admits mistakes, but has support of Penguins ownership 2
- Wings’ Kronwall has hearing today for hit on Kucherov 28
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 37
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 26
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 10
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 31
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 80
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)