Oct 27, 2012, 9:28 PM EDT
If his impressive KHL start is any indication, Nail Yakupov is a quick study when it comes to finding the net.
His two-goal performance in Neftekhimik’s 6-5 win against Atlant gives him eight tallies in the still-young KHL season.
One might charge the 2012 draft’s top choice with being a little one-dimensional early on – he only has two assists – but that seems like nitpicking at this point. He’s already fired 43 shots on goal, indicating that his knack for finding the net is probably no accident.
Edmonton Oilers fans can be excused for daydreaming of the 1-2 punch that could one day result from Yakupov finishing off Ryan Nugent-Hopkins deft passes.
Regardless, it seems like the young Russian forward is off to a promising start.
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 0
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 9
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 11
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 36
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 55
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)