Oct 27, 2012, 9:28 PM EDT
If his impressive KHL start is any indication, Nail Yakupov is a quick study when it comes to finding the net.
His two-goal performance in Neftekhimik’s 6-5 win against Atlant gives him eight tallies in the still-young KHL season.
One might charge the 2012 draft’s top choice with being a little one-dimensional early on – he only has two assists – but that seems like nitpicking at this point. He’s already fired 43 shots on goal, indicating that his knack for finding the net is probably no accident.
Edmonton Oilers fans can be excused for daydreaming of the 1-2 punch that could one day result from Yakupov finishing off Ryan Nugent-Hopkins deft passes.
Regardless, it seems like the young Russian forward is off to a promising start.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 11
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 10
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 24
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 73
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)