Oct 27, 2012, 2:45 PM EST
We’ve heard plenty of talk from the players and the owners about the lockout, but the one thing we’ve been lacking is a real good conspiracy theory. Lucky for us, Patrick Marleau came up with a good one.
Marleau, via text, told Josh Rimer of NextSportsStar.com that the owners had a plan to eliminate games well ahead of the lockout.
“The league had these games canceled already in the summer. They are just releasing that info now,” Marleau said.
Well that’s news to everyone and just adds more nasty rhetoric to the ongoing war of words between the two sides. Fact is, Marleau’s been a staunch critic of the owners from the outset and has been at least trying to keep an open mind about things as they go along.
With things taking a turn for the worse in the past couple days, however, being optimistic is a lot more difficult to do.
- Miller’s second straight shutout puts Canucks in NHL lead 3
- Video: Ennis fires behind his back while falling, scores 3
- Video: Hjalmarsson crushes Kesler, Lindholm scores in wild sequence (Updated) 6
- Trade: Ducks get Brewer from Lightning; Beauchemin out 4-6 weeks 2
- Thanksgiving Shutdown: Rangers blank listless Flyers for second time this season 25
- Video: Martin St. Louis scores goal for 1,000th point 2
- Actual video proof that Brodeur is practicing with the Blues 5
- Return of the Mac: Rangers captain McDonagh in today vs. Flyers 3
- NHL on NBC: Rangers vs. Flyers in a Thanksgiving Showdown 2
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Report: Perron’s name comes up as Oilers seek trade for ‘top center’ (45)
- Video: Bruins see two goals waved off (44)
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? (43)