Oct 27, 2012, 2:45 PM EDT
We’ve heard plenty of talk from the players and the owners about the lockout, but the one thing we’ve been lacking is a real good conspiracy theory. Lucky for us, Patrick Marleau came up with a good one.
Marleau, via text, told Josh Rimer of NextSportsStar.com that the owners had a plan to eliminate games well ahead of the lockout.
“The league had these games canceled already in the summer. They are just releasing that info now,” Marleau said.
Well that’s news to everyone and just adds more nasty rhetoric to the ongoing war of words between the two sides. Fact is, Marleau’s been a staunch critic of the owners from the outset and has been at least trying to keep an open mind about things as they go along.
With things taking a turn for the worse in the past couple days, however, being optimistic is a lot more difficult to do.
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 10
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 24
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 6
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 12
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25