Oct 27, 2012, 2:45 PM EDT
We’ve heard plenty of talk from the players and the owners about the lockout, but the one thing we’ve been lacking is a real good conspiracy theory. Lucky for us, Patrick Marleau came up with a good one.
Marleau, via text, told Josh Rimer of NextSportsStar.com that the owners had a plan to eliminate games well ahead of the lockout.
“The league had these games canceled already in the summer. They are just releasing that info now,” Marleau said.
Well that’s news to everyone and just adds more nasty rhetoric to the ongoing war of words between the two sides. Fact is, Marleau’s been a staunch critic of the owners from the outset and has been at least trying to keep an open mind about things as they go along.
With things taking a turn for the worse in the past couple days, however, being optimistic is a lot more difficult to do.
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 4
- Hello Johansen? Boone Jenner out with broken hand 5
- Bruins release Leino; Boychuk staying put? 18
- Babcock doesn’t think this will be his last year with the Wings 9
- Starting tomorrow, PHT’s ‘Risk Factors’ Series 6
- Krug, Smith sign with Bruins 19
- PHT Morning Skate: Grigorenko with highlight-reel shootout goal 7
- Sabres lose Larsson, Kaleta to head injuries, Leafs’ Booth out too (Update: Franson’s hurt) 5
- Report: Dal Colle signs with Islanders (Updated) 1
- Bridge built: Blues lock up Schwartz to two-year deal reportedly worth $4.7M 12
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys (28)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)