Oct 27, 2012, 2:45 PM EDT
We’ve heard plenty of talk from the players and the owners about the lockout, but the one thing we’ve been lacking is a real good conspiracy theory. Lucky for us, Patrick Marleau came up with a good one.
Marleau, via text, told Josh Rimer of NextSportsStar.com that the owners had a plan to eliminate games well ahead of the lockout.
“The league had these games canceled already in the summer. They are just releasing that info now,” Marleau said.
Well that’s news to everyone and just adds more nasty rhetoric to the ongoing war of words between the two sides. Fact is, Marleau’s been a staunch critic of the owners from the outset and has been at least trying to keep an open mind about things as they go along.
With things taking a turn for the worse in the past couple days, however, being optimistic is a lot more difficult to do.
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 5
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 53
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 6
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 45
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Crosby joining Team Canada at Worlds 18
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)