Oct 27, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
One of the more unfortunate parts of the lockout is what it’s doing to players who don’t have much time left in their careers. For guys like Jaromir Jagr and Teemu Selanne, this season could be their last in the NHL.
Jon Rosen from Fox Sports West paid a visit to Jagr in the Czech Republic where’s he playing for HC Kladno, the Extraliga team he owns, and he says that time is running out for guys like him and Selanne.
“Hopefully the season’s going to start. It would be very sad for everybody for us me and Teemu especially,” Jagr said. “We don’t have many games left. The separation, the goal separation is only two goals. It’s the final countdown. It would be kind of special, but you never know what’s going to happen.”
The goal separation he’s talking about is in their career goal totals as Jagr has 665 career tallies to Selanne’s 663.
Letting the two future Hall-Of-Famers duke it out against each other until they’re ready to hang it up would be the best, most fun way to do things. Here’s to hoping the lockout can end so we get to see how their battle to the end winds up.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 70
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)