Oct 27, 2012, 4:15 PM EDT
One of the more unfortunate parts of the lockout is what it’s doing to players who don’t have much time left in their careers. For guys like Jaromir Jagr and Teemu Selanne, this season could be their last in the NHL.
Jon Rosen from Fox Sports West paid a visit to Jagr in the Czech Republic where’s he playing for HC Kladno, the Extraliga team he owns, and he says that time is running out for guys like him and Selanne.
“Hopefully the season’s going to start. It would be very sad for everybody for us me and Teemu especially,” Jagr said. “We don’t have many games left. The separation, the goal separation is only two goals. It’s the final countdown. It would be kind of special, but you never know what’s going to happen.”
The goal separation he’s talking about is in their career goal totals as Jagr has 665 career tallies to Selanne’s 663.
Letting the two future Hall-Of-Famers duke it out against each other until they’re ready to hang it up would be the best, most fun way to do things. Here’s to hoping the lockout can end so we get to see how their battle to the end winds up.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 3
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 25
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 7
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)