Oct 27, 2012, 4:15 PM EST
One of the more unfortunate parts of the lockout is what it’s doing to players who don’t have much time left in their careers. For guys like Jaromir Jagr and Teemu Selanne, this season could be their last in the NHL.
Jon Rosen from Fox Sports West paid a visit to Jagr in the Czech Republic where’s he playing for HC Kladno, the Extraliga team he owns, and he says that time is running out for guys like him and Selanne.
“Hopefully the season’s going to start. It would be very sad for everybody for us me and Teemu especially,” Jagr said. “We don’t have many games left. The separation, the goal separation is only two goals. It’s the final countdown. It would be kind of special, but you never know what’s going to happen.”
The goal separation he’s talking about is in their career goal totals as Jagr has 665 career tallies to Selanne’s 663.
Letting the two future Hall-Of-Famers duke it out against each other until they’re ready to hang it up would be the best, most fun way to do things. Here’s to hoping the lockout can end so we get to see how their battle to the end winds up.
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)