Oct 27, 2012, 4:15 PM EST
One of the more unfortunate parts of the lockout is what it’s doing to players who don’t have much time left in their careers. For guys like Jaromir Jagr and Teemu Selanne, this season could be their last in the NHL.
Jon Rosen from Fox Sports West paid a visit to Jagr in the Czech Republic where’s he playing for HC Kladno, the Extraliga team he owns, and he says that time is running out for guys like him and Selanne.
“Hopefully the season’s going to start. It would be very sad for everybody for us me and Teemu especially,” Jagr said. “We don’t have many games left. The separation, the goal separation is only two goals. It’s the final countdown. It would be kind of special, but you never know what’s going to happen.”
The goal separation he’s talking about is in their career goal totals as Jagr has 665 career tallies to Selanne’s 663.
Letting the two future Hall-Of-Famers duke it out against each other until they’re ready to hang it up would be the best, most fun way to do things. Here’s to hoping the lockout can end so we get to see how their battle to the end winds up.
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 13
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 12
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 21
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)