Oct 27, 2012, 4:15 PM EST
One of the more unfortunate parts of the lockout is what it’s doing to players who don’t have much time left in their careers. For guys like Jaromir Jagr and Teemu Selanne, this season could be their last in the NHL.
Jon Rosen from Fox Sports West paid a visit to Jagr in the Czech Republic where’s he playing for HC Kladno, the Extraliga team he owns, and he says that time is running out for guys like him and Selanne.
“Hopefully the season’s going to start. It would be very sad for everybody for us me and Teemu especially,” Jagr said. “We don’t have many games left. The separation, the goal separation is only two goals. It’s the final countdown. It would be kind of special, but you never know what’s going to happen.”
The goal separation he’s talking about is in their career goal totals as Jagr has 665 career tallies to Selanne’s 663.
Letting the two future Hall-Of-Famers duke it out against each other until they’re ready to hang it up would be the best, most fun way to do things. Here’s to hoping the lockout can end so we get to see how their battle to the end winds up.
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- From contract dispute to All-Star MVP, Johansen’s had quite the year 17
- Marc-Andre Fleury would like to remind the Columbus crowd that the Penguins beat the Blue Jackets in the playoffs 33
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)