Oct 27, 2012, 8:09 PM EDT
Few (if any) goalies have as much to gain or lose as Anders Lindback does if the 2012-13 season happens. He’ll bide his time in Finland for now, according to Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
Cristodero reports that Lindback’s agent Michael Deutsch said the 24-year-old goalie is “chomping at the bit” to make his Tampa Bay Lightning debut.
He’ll be the third Lightning player to play overseas, with Victor Hedman plying his trade in the KHL and Adam Hall competing in Germany. It’s likely the Bolts are pleased to see Lindback get some reps in case the lockout ends in the near future.
Cristodero notes that fellow goalie (and possible backup) Mathieu Garon is playing exhibition games in Quebec with several other NHL players.
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 8
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 17
- It’s Detroit Red Wings day on PHT 24
- Under Pressure: Nathan Horton 8
- Will Johansen be the latest Overhardt holdout? 25
- It’s Columbus Blue Jackets day on PHT 16
- Shanahan tasked with ending years of collapses 9
- Looking to make the leap: Peter Holland 1
- Under Pressure: Randy Carlyle 5
- NHL-to-Vegas talks gaining steam (68)
- Report: Bruins need to make a trade (61)
- Sounds like San Jose handled stripping Thornton’s captaincy really well (43)
- Fanspeak: Mats Sundin voted greatest Maple Leaf in franchise history (43)
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history (41)