Oct 27, 2012, 8:09 PM EDT
Few (if any) goalies have as much to gain or lose as Anders Lindback does if the 2012-13 season happens. He’ll bide his time in Finland for now, according to Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
Cristodero reports that Lindback’s agent Michael Deutsch said the 24-year-old goalie is “chomping at the bit” to make his Tampa Bay Lightning debut.
He’ll be the third Lightning player to play overseas, with Victor Hedman plying his trade in the KHL and Adam Hall competing in Germany. It’s likely the Bolts are pleased to see Lindback get some reps in case the lockout ends in the near future.
Cristodero notes that fellow goalie (and possible backup) Mathieu Garon is playing exhibition games in Quebec with several other NHL players.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)