Oct 27, 2012, 8:09 PM EDT
Few (if any) goalies have as much to gain or lose as Anders Lindback does if the 2012-13 season happens. He’ll bide his time in Finland for now, according to Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
Cristodero reports that Lindback’s agent Michael Deutsch said the 24-year-old goalie is “chomping at the bit” to make his Tampa Bay Lightning debut.
He’ll be the third Lightning player to play overseas, with Victor Hedman plying his trade in the KHL and Adam Hall competing in Germany. It’s likely the Bolts are pleased to see Lindback get some reps in case the lockout ends in the near future.
Cristodero notes that fellow goalie (and possible backup) Mathieu Garon is playing exhibition games in Quebec with several other NHL players.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 8
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)