Oct 27, 2012, 8:09 PM EST
Few (if any) goalies have as much to gain or lose as Anders Lindback does if the 2012-13 season happens. He’ll bide his time in Finland for now, according to Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
Cristodero reports that Lindback’s agent Michael Deutsch said the 24-year-old goalie is “chomping at the bit” to make his Tampa Bay Lightning debut.
He’ll be the third Lightning player to play overseas, with Victor Hedman plying his trade in the KHL and Adam Hall competing in Germany. It’s likely the Bolts are pleased to see Lindback get some reps in case the lockout ends in the near future.
Cristodero notes that fellow goalie (and possible backup) Mathieu Garon is playing exhibition games in Quebec with several other NHL players.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 17
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46