Oct 27, 2012, 8:09 PM EDT
Few (if any) goalies have as much to gain or lose as Anders Lindback does if the 2012-13 season happens. He’ll bide his time in Finland for now, according to Damian Cristodero of the Tampa Bay Times.
Cristodero reports that Lindback’s agent Michael Deutsch said the 24-year-old goalie is “chomping at the bit” to make his Tampa Bay Lightning debut.
He’ll be the third Lightning player to play overseas, with Victor Hedman plying his trade in the KHL and Adam Hall competing in Germany. It’s likely the Bolts are pleased to see Lindback get some reps in case the lockout ends in the near future.
Cristodero notes that fellow goalie (and possible backup) Mathieu Garon is playing exhibition games in Quebec with several other NHL players.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)