Oct 26, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
The 2013 NHL All-Star Game — set to be played at Nationwide Arena in Columbus — is in no immediate danger of being canceled.
That’s the word out of Ohio on Friday as Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch passed along word from NHL deputy commissioner Billy Daly, who said the cancelation of the game is “not imminent.”
The Blue Jackets franchise is probably breathing a small sigh of relief about that news, especially after yesterday’s report from ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun:
While Daly would not say exactly, it’s expected the NHL will cancel games for all of November on Friday.
The Winter Classic and All-Star Game are not expected to be part of that announcement, although they could be axed as early as next week.
The ASG is scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 27 with the skills competition set for the 26th.
It will be the first time the Blue Jackets have hosted an All-Star Game and just the second marquee NHL event in franchise history — previously, Columbus hosted the Entry Draft in 2007.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)