Oct 26, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
The 2013 NHL All-Star Game — set to be played at Nationwide Arena in Columbus — is in no immediate danger of being canceled.
That’s the word out of Ohio on Friday as Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch passed along word from NHL deputy commissioner Billy Daly, who said the cancelation of the game is “not imminent.”
The Blue Jackets franchise is probably breathing a small sigh of relief about that news, especially after yesterday’s report from ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun:
While Daly would not say exactly, it’s expected the NHL will cancel games for all of November on Friday.
The Winter Classic and All-Star Game are not expected to be part of that announcement, although they could be axed as early as next week.
The ASG is scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 27 with the skills competition set for the 26th.
It will be the first time the Blue Jackets have hosted an All-Star Game and just the second marquee NHL event in franchise history — previously, Columbus hosted the Entry Draft in 2007.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)