Oct 26, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
The 2013 NHL All-Star Game — set to be played at Nationwide Arena in Columbus — is in no immediate danger of being canceled.
That’s the word out of Ohio on Friday as Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch passed along word from NHL deputy commissioner Billy Daly, who said the cancelation of the game is “not imminent.”
The Blue Jackets franchise is probably breathing a small sigh of relief about that news, especially after yesterday’s report from ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun:
While Daly would not say exactly, it’s expected the NHL will cancel games for all of November on Friday.
The Winter Classic and All-Star Game are not expected to be part of that announcement, although they could be axed as early as next week.
The ASG is scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 27 with the skills competition set for the 26th.
It will be the first time the Blue Jackets have hosted an All-Star Game and just the second marquee NHL event in franchise history — previously, Columbus hosted the Entry Draft in 2007.
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 18
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 25
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 27
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 13
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 83
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 26
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 58
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 89
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (89)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (87)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- HBT: Soriano calls out Harper after blown save
- PHT: Sharks take Game 4, pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm