Oct 26, 2012, 12:03 PM EDT
The 2013 NHL All-Star Game — set to be played at Nationwide Arena in Columbus — is in no immediate danger of being canceled.
That’s the word out of Ohio on Friday as Aaron Portzline of the Columbus Dispatch passed along word from NHL deputy commissioner Billy Daly, who said the cancelation of the game is “not imminent.”
The Blue Jackets franchise is probably breathing a small sigh of relief about that news, especially after yesterday’s report from ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun:
While Daly would not say exactly, it’s expected the NHL will cancel games for all of November on Friday.
The Winter Classic and All-Star Game are not expected to be part of that announcement, although they could be axed as early as next week.
The ASG is scheduled for Sunday, Jan. 27 with the skills competition set for the 26th.
It will be the first time the Blue Jackets have hosted an All-Star Game and just the second marquee NHL event in franchise history — previously, Columbus hosted the Entry Draft in 2007.
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 4
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 25
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 18
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 60
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)