Oct 26, 2012, 9:55 PM EDT
Patrick Kane provided the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc with an interesting take on the announcement that all of November’s games have been canceled.
“More than anything, it seems like a scare tactic to us,” Kane said.
The growing doubts about an NHL season even happening seem appropriately frightening for Halloween, so it’s unclear if Kane’s comments match the mood of the majority of the NHLPA.
Steve Montador calls any game cancellations "a dagger in the heart of all hockey fans." #Blackhawks—
Tracey Myers (@TramyersCSN) October 26, 2012
Either way, it looks like fans will need to accept the prospect of watching other leagues and charity games for the near future.
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 8
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 31
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 5
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 5
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 0
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)