Oct 26, 2012, 9:55 PM EDT
Patrick Kane provided the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc with an interesting take on the announcement that all of November’s games have been canceled.
“More than anything, it seems like a scare tactic to us,” Kane said.
The growing doubts about an NHL season even happening seem appropriately frightening for Halloween, so it’s unclear if Kane’s comments match the mood of the majority of the NHLPA.
Steve Montador calls any game cancellations "a dagger in the heart of all hockey fans." #Blackhawks—
Tracey Myers (@TramyersCSN) October 26, 2012
Either way, it looks like fans will need to accept the prospect of watching other leagues and charity games for the near future.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 19
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 62
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 8
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 31
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)