Oct 26, 2012, 9:55 PM EST
Patrick Kane provided the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc with an interesting take on the announcement that all of November’s games have been canceled.
“More than anything, it seems like a scare tactic to us,” Kane said.
The growing doubts about an NHL season even happening seem appropriately frightening for Halloween, so it’s unclear if Kane’s comments match the mood of the majority of the NHLPA.
Steve Montador calls any game cancellations "a dagger in the heart of all hockey fans." #Blackhawks—
Tracey Myers (@TramyersCSN) October 26, 2012
Either way, it looks like fans will need to accept the prospect of watching other leagues and charity games for the near future.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)