Oct 26, 2012, 9:55 PM EDT
Patrick Kane provided the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc with an interesting take on the announcement that all of November’s games have been canceled.
“More than anything, it seems like a scare tactic to us,” Kane said.
The growing doubts about an NHL season even happening seem appropriately frightening for Halloween, so it’s unclear if Kane’s comments match the mood of the majority of the NHLPA.
Steve Montador calls any game cancellations "a dagger in the heart of all hockey fans." #Blackhawks—
Tracey Myers (@TramyersCSN) October 26, 2012
Either way, it looks like fans will need to accept the prospect of watching other leagues and charity games for the near future.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 23
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 46
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 20
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 85
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (87)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)