Oct 26, 2012, 9:55 PM EST
Patrick Kane provided the Chicago Tribune’s Chris Kuc with an interesting take on the announcement that all of November’s games have been canceled.
“More than anything, it seems like a scare tactic to us,” Kane said.
The growing doubts about an NHL season even happening seem appropriately frightening for Halloween, so it’s unclear if Kane’s comments match the mood of the majority of the NHLPA.
Steve Montador calls any game cancellations "a dagger in the heart of all hockey fans." #Blackhawks—
Tracey Myers (@TramyersCSN) October 26, 2012
Either way, it looks like fans will need to accept the prospect of watching other leagues and charity games for the near future.
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 17
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 15
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 18
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8