Oct 26, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
On Sunday, Tampa Bay prospect Vladislav Namestnikov suffered a shoulder injury while playing for AHL Syracuse.
Today, the severity of said injury was released — and it’s not good news.
Namestnikov will be out 4-6 weeks with a shoulder injury, according to Crunch GM Julien BriseBois.
“It’s a tough situation for Vladdy,” head coach Jon Cooper told Syracuse.com. “He’s a rookie, one of our prized prospects. He came in here looking to make a splash, which he did. His upside is limitless.
“It’s tough to see him lose a part of his first year pro.”
Namestnikov — who’s uncle, Vyacheslav Kozlov, played in Detroit with current Bolts GM Steve Yzerman — was taken 27th overall at the 2011 NHL Entry Draft after a stellar rookie campaign with OHL London.
The Russian center scored 68 points in 68 games in his first year as a Knight, then followed that up with 71 points in 63 games during his sophomore campaign (he chipped in with 18 points in 19 playoff games as well.)
In his first season with Syracuse, Namestnikov had two assists in five games.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 37
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 59
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 18
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 35
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 12
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 50
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 53
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 68
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)