Oct 26, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
All Taylor Hall needs to start playing for AHL Oklahoma City is clearance from a doctor.
As such, he’s flying to Edmonton to meet with a team physician.
“I’m outta here [Oklahoma City] Sunday,” Hall told the Edmonton Sun. “I’ll see the doctor Monday and hopefully be back here as soon as possible and be back next weekend to play my first games.”
The 20-year-old winger is itching to play hockey again. He hasn’t appeared in a competitive contest since Mar. 16 — a 3-1 win over Calgary — when he was nailed into the boards by Flames defenseman Cory Sarich.
The hit left Hall with a concussion that derailed his season (he finished with just 65 games played, but still managed to rack up 22 goals and 42 points.)
While out, the decision was made for Hall to have surgery to repair his shoulder…a procedure that’s kept him out for much longer than he would’ve liked.
“It feels good,” Hall said about the shoulder. “It’s felt good for a long time. I’m sure I could have started the season in the NHL. I just haven’t been cleared yet.
“That’s up to the doctor Monday. I’m pretty hopeful I will be.”
The pair has been lighting it up at the AHL level, combining for 10 points in five games.
- Hurricanes say Jordan Staal broke a bone in his right leg 0
- IIHF, NHL to meet next month to discuss World Cup (Updated) 0
- Caps unveil new Winter Classic jerseys 25
- Drouin out 3-4 weeks with fractured thumb 3
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 8
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 10
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 35
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough (35)
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks (29)