Oct 26, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
All Taylor Hall needs to start playing for AHL Oklahoma City is clearance from a doctor.
As such, he’s flying to Edmonton to meet with a team physician.
“I’m outta here [Oklahoma City] Sunday,” Hall told the Edmonton Sun. “I’ll see the doctor Monday and hopefully be back here as soon as possible and be back next weekend to play my first games.”
The 20-year-old winger is itching to play hockey again. He hasn’t appeared in a competitive contest since Mar. 16 — a 3-1 win over Calgary — when he was nailed into the boards by Flames defenseman Cory Sarich.
The hit left Hall with a concussion that derailed his season (he finished with just 65 games played, but still managed to rack up 22 goals and 42 points.)
While out, the decision was made for Hall to have surgery to repair his shoulder…a procedure that’s kept him out for much longer than he would’ve liked.
“It feels good,” Hall said about the shoulder. “It’s felt good for a long time. I’m sure I could have started the season in the NHL. I just haven’t been cleared yet.
“That’s up to the doctor Monday. I’m pretty hopeful I will be.”
The pair has been lighting it up at the AHL level, combining for 10 points in five games.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 63
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 5
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 30
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 15
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination