Oct 26, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
All Taylor Hall needs to start playing for AHL Oklahoma City is clearance from a doctor.
As such, he’s flying to Edmonton to meet with a team physician.
“I’m outta here [Oklahoma City] Sunday,” Hall told the Edmonton Sun. “I’ll see the doctor Monday and hopefully be back here as soon as possible and be back next weekend to play my first games.”
The 20-year-old winger is itching to play hockey again. He hasn’t appeared in a competitive contest since Mar. 16 — a 3-1 win over Calgary — when he was nailed into the boards by Flames defenseman Cory Sarich.
The hit left Hall with a concussion that derailed his season (he finished with just 65 games played, but still managed to rack up 22 goals and 42 points.)
While out, the decision was made for Hall to have surgery to repair his shoulder…a procedure that’s kept him out for much longer than he would’ve liked.
“It feels good,” Hall said about the shoulder. “It’s felt good for a long time. I’m sure I could have started the season in the NHL. I just haven’t been cleared yet.
“That’s up to the doctor Monday. I’m pretty hopeful I will be.”
The pair has been lighting it up at the AHL level, combining for 10 points in five games.
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 50
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 2
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Redemption time? Montreal, Semin agree to one-year deal 26
- Full autonomy: Lamoriello’s place in Leafs’ chain of command 26
- Lamoriello’s departure removes any doubt: Devils are Shero’s team 21
- With Lamoriello hire, Leafs hammer home their culture change 23
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Ah, arbitration: Holtby reportedly asking for $8 million, Caps countering at $5.1 million (59)