Oct 26, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
All Taylor Hall needs to start playing for AHL Oklahoma City is clearance from a doctor.
As such, he’s flying to Edmonton to meet with a team physician.
“I’m outta here [Oklahoma City] Sunday,” Hall told the Edmonton Sun. “I’ll see the doctor Monday and hopefully be back here as soon as possible and be back next weekend to play my first games.”
The 20-year-old winger is itching to play hockey again. He hasn’t appeared in a competitive contest since Mar. 16 — a 3-1 win over Calgary — when he was nailed into the boards by Flames defenseman Cory Sarich.
The hit left Hall with a concussion that derailed his season (he finished with just 65 games played, but still managed to rack up 22 goals and 42 points.)
While out, the decision was made for Hall to have surgery to repair his shoulder…a procedure that’s kept him out for much longer than he would’ve liked.
“It feels good,” Hall said about the shoulder. “It’s felt good for a long time. I’m sure I could have started the season in the NHL. I just haven’t been cleared yet.
“That’s up to the doctor Monday. I’m pretty hopeful I will be.”
The pair has been lighting it up at the AHL level, combining for 10 points in five games.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 3
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 42
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)