Oct 26, 2012, 1:03 PM EDT
All Taylor Hall needs to start playing for AHL Oklahoma City is clearance from a doctor.
As such, he’s flying to Edmonton to meet with a team physician.
“I’m outta here [Oklahoma City] Sunday,” Hall told the Edmonton Sun. “I’ll see the doctor Monday and hopefully be back here as soon as possible and be back next weekend to play my first games.”
The 20-year-old winger is itching to play hockey again. He hasn’t appeared in a competitive contest since Mar. 16 — a 3-1 win over Calgary — when he was nailed into the boards by Flames defenseman Cory Sarich.
The hit left Hall with a concussion that derailed his season (he finished with just 65 games played, but still managed to rack up 22 goals and 42 points.)
While out, the decision was made for Hall to have surgery to repair his shoulder…a procedure that’s kept him out for much longer than he would’ve liked.
“It feels good,” Hall said about the shoulder. “It’s felt good for a long time. I’m sure I could have started the season in the NHL. I just haven’t been cleared yet.
“That’s up to the doctor Monday. I’m pretty hopeful I will be.”
The pair has been lighting it up at the AHL level, combining for 10 points in five games.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 2
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 0
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 2
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 46
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)