Oct 26, 2012, 10:40 PM EDT
Here’s the latest bit of CBA bulletin board material, via CSNChicago.com’s Tracey Myers.
“Hopefully we’ll finally get down to serious negotiations one of these days,” Fehr said. “Somebody has to be willing to talk about things seriously.”
Fehr once again compared the way the NHL is handling the process to the way other leagues (such as the NFL and NBA) recently approached their CBA haggling.
Fehr’s extended comments (and a really close-up view of the executive) can be found via Chris Kuc of the Chicago Tribune, which included this take.
“So far, the league’s position is essentially we got billions of dollars from the players last time and we’ve had nothing but record revenue since so let’s get another billion or two,” Fehr said.
About the only bright side is likely a familiar refrain: Kuc reports that Fehr said there is “regular, on-going communication” between the parties, yet no formal negotiations are in the works.
- WATCH LIVE: Rangers at Lightning, Game 4 of Eastern Conference Final 2
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 25
- All eyes on Lundqvist 10
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 10
- Video: Ducks hold off Blackhawks in Game 3 to take series lead 30
- (Video) PHT Extra: On Babcock, sticking to the process and housebuilding analogies 3
- Babcock predicts ‘pain’ for Leafs, who are a ‘massive, massive challenge’ 38
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ 47
- Flyers won’t trade Del Zotto, but ‘something will have to give’ on crowded blue line 21
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? 70
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (172)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)