Oct 26, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
A bad week continues to get worse for Ben Eager.
On Friday, word broke that the Edmonton Oilers forward would be facing additional charges stemming from a bar fight at Toronto’s Quail and Firkin Pub early Saturday morning.
Eager — who was originally charged with threatening bodily harm, assault causing bodily harm and assault with a weapon — now faces an additional charge of assault.
Also, the assault causing bodily harm charge has been upgraded to aggravated assault.
Eager, 28 and his brother Michael, 31, are scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 26.
The alleged incident was reportedly between Eager and the pub’s doorman, who was later taken to hospital via ambulance.
“We are used to dealing with young professionals,” the Qual and Firkin’s general manager, Jennine Lombardo said. “Last night [Saturday] stopped staff dead in their tracks and is not typical of what happens at our establishment.
“Once the fight started, service ended immediately. Our staff was in shock. And we are concerned for our door man who was brutally attacked and hurt.”
According to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector, the “weapon” in question was reportedly a chair, and was believed to have been caught on surveillance video.
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 41
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 3
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 28
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 42
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (42)