Oct 26, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
A bad week continues to get worse for Ben Eager.
On Friday, word broke that the Edmonton Oilers forward would be facing additional charges stemming from a bar fight at Toronto’s Quail and Firkin Pub early Saturday morning.
Eager — who was originally charged with threatening bodily harm, assault causing bodily harm and assault with a weapon — now faces an additional charge of assault.
Also, the assault causing bodily harm charge has been upgraded to aggravated assault.
Eager, 28 and his brother Michael, 31, are scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 26.
The alleged incident was reportedly between Eager and the pub’s doorman, who was later taken to hospital via ambulance.
“We are used to dealing with young professionals,” the Qual and Firkin’s general manager, Jennine Lombardo said. “Last night [Saturday] stopped staff dead in their tracks and is not typical of what happens at our establishment.
“Once the fight started, service ended immediately. Our staff was in shock. And we are concerned for our door man who was brutally attacked and hurt.”
According to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector, the “weapon” in question was reportedly a chair, and was believed to have been caught on surveillance video.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7