Oct 26, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
A bad week continues to get worse for Ben Eager.
On Friday, word broke that the Edmonton Oilers forward would be facing additional charges stemming from a bar fight at Toronto’s Quail and Firkin Pub early Saturday morning.
Eager — who was originally charged with threatening bodily harm, assault causing bodily harm and assault with a weapon — now faces an additional charge of assault.
Also, the assault causing bodily harm charge has been upgraded to aggravated assault.
Eager, 28 and his brother Michael, 31, are scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 26.
The alleged incident was reportedly between Eager and the pub’s doorman, who was later taken to hospital via ambulance.
“We are used to dealing with young professionals,” the Qual and Firkin’s general manager, Jennine Lombardo said. “Last night [Saturday] stopped staff dead in their tracks and is not typical of what happens at our establishment.
“Once the fight started, service ended immediately. Our staff was in shock. And we are concerned for our door man who was brutally attacked and hurt.”
According to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector, the “weapon” in question was reportedly a chair, and was believed to have been caught on surveillance video.
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 7
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 23
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 5
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3