Oct 26, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
A bad week continues to get worse for Ben Eager.
On Friday, word broke that the Edmonton Oilers forward would be facing additional charges stemming from a bar fight at Toronto’s Quail and Firkin Pub early Saturday morning.
Eager — who was originally charged with threatening bodily harm, assault causing bodily harm and assault with a weapon — now faces an additional charge of assault.
Also, the assault causing bodily harm charge has been upgraded to aggravated assault.
Eager, 28 and his brother Michael, 31, are scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 26.
The alleged incident was reportedly between Eager and the pub’s doorman, who was later taken to hospital via ambulance.
“We are used to dealing with young professionals,” the Qual and Firkin’s general manager, Jennine Lombardo said. “Last night [Saturday] stopped staff dead in their tracks and is not typical of what happens at our establishment.
“Once the fight started, service ended immediately. Our staff was in shock. And we are concerned for our door man who was brutally attacked and hurt.”
According to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector, the “weapon” in question was reportedly a chair, and was believed to have been caught on surveillance video.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (62)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)