Oct 26, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
A bad week continues to get worse for Ben Eager.
On Friday, word broke that the Edmonton Oilers forward would be facing additional charges stemming from a bar fight at Toronto’s Quail and Firkin Pub early Saturday morning.
Eager — who was originally charged with threatening bodily harm, assault causing bodily harm and assault with a weapon — now faces an additional charge of assault.
Also, the assault causing bodily harm charge has been upgraded to aggravated assault.
Eager, 28 and his brother Michael, 31, are scheduled to appear in court on Nov. 26.
The alleged incident was reportedly between Eager and the pub’s doorman, who was later taken to hospital via ambulance.
“We are used to dealing with young professionals,” the Qual and Firkin’s general manager, Jennine Lombardo said. “Last night [Saturday] stopped staff dead in their tracks and is not typical of what happens at our establishment.
“Once the fight started, service ended immediately. Our staff was in shock. And we are concerned for our door man who was brutally attacked and hurt.”
According to Sportsnet’s Mark Spector, the “weapon” in question was reportedly a chair, and was believed to have been caught on surveillance video.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20