Oct 26, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
The connections to the Dallas Stars’ Cup-winning era continue in the St. Louis Blues organization, as the team announced that Sergei Zubov was hired as a Consultant to Hockey Operations.
He’ll oversee the Blues’ European prospects, according to the team’s report.
Zubov was a long-time lynchpin of the Stars’ defense, including when Blues GM Doug Armstrong and head coach Ken Hitchcock guided Dallas to that 1999 championship. The underrated Russian played for the Stars from the 1996-97 season until 2008-09.
He’s the all-time points leader among Russian-born blueliners with 771, which also ranks him 19th overall in NHL history, so it’s likely that he’ll have some good pointers for up-and-coming players.
(Hopefully he’ll advise the Blues’ prospects not to follow his path of being a noted cigarette smoker, though.)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 39
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)