Oct 26, 2012, 8:27 PM EDT
The connections to the Dallas Stars’ Cup-winning era continue in the St. Louis Blues organization, as the team announced that Sergei Zubov was hired as a Consultant to Hockey Operations.
He’ll oversee the Blues’ European prospects, according to the team’s report.
Zubov was a long-time lynchpin of the Stars’ defense, including when Blues GM Doug Armstrong and head coach Ken Hitchcock guided Dallas to that 1999 championship. The underrated Russian played for the Stars from the 1996-97 season until 2008-09.
He’s the all-time points leader among Russian-born blueliners with 771, which also ranks him 19th overall in NHL history, so it’s likely that he’ll have some good pointers for up-and-coming players.
(Hopefully he’ll advise the Blues’ prospects not to follow his path of being a noted cigarette smoker, though.)
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (67)