Oct 25, 2012, 9:37 PM EST
Russia’s best prospects are gearing up to face the top players from across the Canadian Hockey League in the upcoming six-game Super Series.
The series will close with contests between the Russians and the WHL All-Stars in games on Nov. 14 and Nov. 15.
The WHL has unveiled their lineups and they’re loaded with talented defensemen that could be getting big minutes in the NHL in the coming years.
Ryan Murray, Griffin Reinhart, and Morgan Rielly will all play in the series after being selected with the second, fourth and fifth picks respectively in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft. They were the top three blueliners taken in 2012 and the only other two members of the top-five overall picks — Nail Yakupov and Alex Galchenyuk — will be part of the opposing Russian roster.
Murray is the only member of the WHL roster that also played for Team Canada at the 2012 World Junior Championships. If it wasn’t for the lockout, there’s a good chance he would be with the Columbus Blue Jackets right now.
The WHL roster will also include JC Lipon, who has a stunning 13 goals and 32 points in a mere 13 WHL contests this season.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 151
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (151)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)