Oct 25, 2012, 1:12 AM EST
President Obama was asked about the NHL lockout during Wednesday’s appearance on NBC’s The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.
Obama offered a brief, but direct response urging both sides to “figure this out.”
You can watch the clip below:
As an aside, Obama also spoke out against the NBA lockout on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno roughly a year ago. You can view that clip below too and remember that it wasn’t long ago that basketball went through its own labor battle that ended with an agreement and a shortened, but salvaged season. Looking back on that lockout can provide us with some context and hope.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:27 AM EST
The Caps’ struggles with depth down the middle are well documented…
Dec 19, 2014, 11:22 AM EST
Nightmarish campaign for the Finnish defenseman, health-wise.
Dec 19, 2014, 11:19 AM EST
Trade rumors! Get your trade rumors!
Dec 19, 2014, 10:43 AM EST
He’s been a healthy scratch in five of Washington’s last six games.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:55 AM EST
New York has gone 3-3-0 in six straight games without either of them.
Dec 19, 2014, 9:02 AM EST
Although he feels this should serve as “a wake-up call for Berra.”
Dec 19, 2014, 8:02 AM EST
The picture is of former referee Don Van Massenhoven, who will serve as the event’s recorder.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:33 AM EST
These things happen.
Dec 19, 2014, 1:10 AM EST
But they did score more than two goals in a game for first time since Nov. 28.
Dec 19, 2014, 12:35 AM EST
Because everyone likes a snack before they line up for a faceoff, right?
Dec 19, 2014, 12:31 AM EST
Last shift came early in the second period.
Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit
Dec 18, 2014, 11:49 PM EST
Montreal lost this game, as well.
Dec 18, 2014, 11:29 PM EST
This was a back-and-forth contest.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:52 PM EST
And Roberto Luongo’s victory ties him for 12th on the all-time list.
Dec 18, 2014, 10:29 PM EST
Dec 18, 2014, 10:15 PM EST
Left the game after the first period.
Dec 18, 2014, 9:26 PM EST
Has played five games since his return.
Dec 18, 2014, 8:51 PM EST
Dec 18, 2014, 7:44 PM EST
These two have a bit of a history.
Dec 18, 2014, 6:39 PM EST
He’ll be in the lineup when Pittsburgh takes on the Avs at home.
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 0
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 1
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 4
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 20
- Video: Canadiens honor long-time captain Saku Koivu 2
- Crosby back for Pens after missing three games with the mumps 1
- Comparing the shot differentials of all 30 teams 10
- PHT interviews Jim Nill, who’s ‘not surprised’ by Stars’ early-season struggles 2
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 3
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 8