Oct 25, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
Senators owner Eugene Melnyk insists that the franchise is not on the market.
“Quite simply: Not for sale. Not a chance,” Melnyk told the Ottawa Sun in an e-mail. “If you find an owner more committed than me please let me know as I would love to meet them.”
Melnyk’s denial comes two days after Sportsnet’s Doug MacLean indirectly suggested on the radio that people may be kicking the tires on the club.
In its most recent valuation, Forbes pegged the Sens’ worth at $201 million.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 3
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 13
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 11
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 19
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)