Oct 25, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
Senators owner Eugene Melnyk insists that the franchise is not on the market.
“Quite simply: Not for sale. Not a chance,” Melnyk told the Ottawa Sun in an e-mail. “If you find an owner more committed than me please let me know as I would love to meet them.”
Melnyk’s denial comes two days after Sportsnet’s Doug MacLean indirectly suggested on the radio that people may be kicking the tires on the club.
In its most recent valuation, Forbes pegged the Sens’ worth at $201 million.
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 13
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 5
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 31
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 11