Oct 25, 2012, 2:30 PM EST
Senators owner Eugene Melnyk insists that the franchise is not on the market.
“Quite simply: Not for sale. Not a chance,” Melnyk told the Ottawa Sun in an e-mail. “If you find an owner more committed than me please let me know as I would love to meet them.”
Melnyk’s denial comes two days after Sportsnet’s Doug MacLean indirectly suggested on the radio that people may be kicking the tires on the club.
In its most recent valuation, Forbes pegged the Sens’ worth at $201 million.
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 34
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 7
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 40
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 56
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 16
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 123
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Blue Jackets proud as Columbus shows it’s a hockey town 24
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (123)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (56)