Oct 25, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Senators owner Eugene Melnyk insists that the franchise is not on the market.
“Quite simply: Not for sale. Not a chance,” Melnyk told the Ottawa Sun in an e-mail. “If you find an owner more committed than me please let me know as I would love to meet them.”
Melnyk’s denial comes two days after Sportsnet’s Doug MacLean indirectly suggested on the radio that people may be kicking the tires on the club.
In its most recent valuation, Forbes pegged the Sens’ worth at $201 million.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34