Oct 25, 2012, 2:30 PM EDT
Senators owner Eugene Melnyk insists that the franchise is not on the market.
“Quite simply: Not for sale. Not a chance,” Melnyk told the Ottawa Sun in an e-mail. “If you find an owner more committed than me please let me know as I would love to meet them.”
Melnyk’s denial comes two days after Sportsnet’s Doug MacLean indirectly suggested on the radio that people may be kicking the tires on the club.
In its most recent valuation, Forbes pegged the Sens’ worth at $201 million.
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 9
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 6
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 112