Oct 25, 2012, 11:13 AM EST
Don’t expect any major announcements today, deputy commissioner Bill Daly told CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio.
On the date (Oct. 25) the NHL said a new CBA must be reached in order for a full season to be played, possible announcements might have included:
—- “We have a deal! The two sides worked on it all night and an 82-game season will begin Nov. 2. Training camp starts tomorrow.”
—- “We weren’t kidding about the Oct. 25 deadline. Games have been canceled up to (fill in the blank.)”
—- “Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.”
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, the second option could occur Friday. Which begs the question: How many games will be canceled?
It’s possible it could be a big chunk of the schedule so that NHL owners who also own or control their arenas can book events to fill the dates that were previously reserved for hockey.
Or, perhaps the NHL will give fans some semblance of hope for a resolution and only kick the can down the road a short distance. Say, up to the Thanksgiving Showdown (Nov. 23).
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 18
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 32
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 37
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 29
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 47
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 9
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)