Oct 25, 2012, 11:13 AM EDT
Don’t expect any major announcements today, deputy commissioner Bill Daly told CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio.
On the date (Oct. 25) the NHL said a new CBA must be reached in order for a full season to be played, possible announcements might have included:
—- “We have a deal! The two sides worked on it all night and an 82-game season will begin Nov. 2. Training camp starts tomorrow.”
—- “We weren’t kidding about the Oct. 25 deadline. Games have been canceled up to (fill in the blank.)”
—- “Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.”
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, the second option could occur Friday. Which begs the question: How many games will be canceled?
It’s possible it could be a big chunk of the schedule so that NHL owners who also own or control their arenas can book events to fill the dates that were previously reserved for hockey.
Or, perhaps the NHL will give fans some semblance of hope for a resolution and only kick the can down the road a short distance. Say, up to the Thanksgiving Showdown (Nov. 23).
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 25
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 6
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 14
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Jordan Subban has ‘moved on’ after ‘unfortunate’ photo caption by Vancouver papers (52)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Sabres’ Nolan, Avalanche don’t believe in analytics (32)
- Ouch: Datsyuk (separated shoulder) out 4-5 weeks (27)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (25)