Oct 25, 2012, 11:13 AM EDT
Don’t expect any major announcements today, deputy commissioner Bill Daly told CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio.
On the date (Oct. 25) the NHL said a new CBA must be reached in order for a full season to be played, possible announcements might have included:
—- “We have a deal! The two sides worked on it all night and an 82-game season will begin Nov. 2. Training camp starts tomorrow.”
—- “We weren’t kidding about the Oct. 25 deadline. Games have been canceled up to (fill in the blank.)”
—- “Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.”
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, the second option could occur Friday. Which begs the question: How many games will be canceled?
It’s possible it could be a big chunk of the schedule so that NHL owners who also own or control their arenas can book events to fill the dates that were previously reserved for hockey.
Or, perhaps the NHL will give fans some semblance of hope for a resolution and only kick the can down the road a short distance. Say, up to the Thanksgiving Showdown (Nov. 23).
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 70
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 33
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)