Oct 25, 2012, 11:13 AM EST
Don’t expect any major announcements today, deputy commissioner Bill Daly told CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio.
On the date (Oct. 25) the NHL said a new CBA must be reached in order for a full season to be played, possible announcements might have included:
—- “We have a deal! The two sides worked on it all night and an 82-game season will begin Nov. 2. Training camp starts tomorrow.”
—- “We weren’t kidding about the Oct. 25 deadline. Games have been canceled up to (fill in the blank.)”
—- “Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead.”
According to TSN’s Darren Dreger, the second option could occur Friday. Which begs the question: How many games will be canceled?
It’s possible it could be a big chunk of the schedule so that NHL owners who also own or control their arenas can book events to fill the dates that were previously reserved for hockey.
Or, perhaps the NHL will give fans some semblance of hope for a resolution and only kick the can down the road a short distance. Say, up to the Thanksgiving Showdown (Nov. 23).
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 5
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 8
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 32
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)