Oct 25, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Tomas Kaberle is headed home.
That’s the news out of the Czech Republic on Thursday as the Montreal Canadiens defenseman left Extraliga club HC Kladno after his one-month contract expired.
The move doesn’t come as a great surprise given Kaberle, 34, parted ways with his family in North America to play for Kladno after signing in late September.
Kaberle’s departure was first reported on the Kladno website in a story that, thanks to the powers of Google translate, reads like this:
Already in Friday’s game against Vitkovice not entered defenseman Tomas Kaberle, who after a month’s engagement in Kladno returns for his family to America.
“Arrangement was for a month and this period has expired. I leave the ocean, where I have family,” explained Tomas Kaberle.
The ocean will miss you, Tomas.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 7
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 10
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 18
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)