Oct 25, 2012, 12:00 PM EDT
Tomas Kaberle is headed home.
That’s the news out of the Czech Republic on Thursday as the Montreal Canadiens defenseman left Extraliga club HC Kladno after his one-month contract expired.
The move doesn’t come as a great surprise given Kaberle, 34, parted ways with his family in North America to play for Kladno after signing in late September.
Kaberle’s departure was first reported on the Kladno website in a story that, thanks to the powers of Google translate, reads like this:
Already in Friday’s game against Vitkovice not entered defenseman Tomas Kaberle, who after a month’s engagement in Kladno returns for his family to America.
“Arrangement was for a month and this period has expired. I leave the ocean, where I have family,” explained Tomas Kaberle.
The ocean will miss you, Tomas.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 0
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 31
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Video: Therrien fuming after Bolts appear offside before OT winner 45
- Video: Lightning bolt to series lead on Kucherov’s double OT winner 14
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 8
- Report: BOG to vote on Vegas expansion in September 1
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits 102
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (102)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappointment as Wild advance (99)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)