Oct 25, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
Tomas Kaberle is headed home.
That’s the news out of the Czech Republic on Thursday as the Montreal Canadiens defenseman left Extraliga club HC Kladno after his one-month contract expired.
The move doesn’t come as a great surprise given Kaberle, 34, parted ways with his family in North America to play for Kladno after signing in late September.
Kaberle’s departure was first reported on the Kladno website in a story that, thanks to the powers of Google translate, reads like this:
Already in Friday’s game against Vitkovice not entered defenseman Tomas Kaberle, who after a month’s engagement in Kladno returns for his family to America.
“Arrangement was for a month and this period has expired. I leave the ocean, where I have family,” explained Tomas Kaberle.
The ocean will miss you, Tomas.
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 12
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 7
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)