Oct 25, 2012, 12:00 PM EST
Tomas Kaberle is headed home.
That’s the news out of the Czech Republic on Thursday as the Montreal Canadiens defenseman left Extraliga club HC Kladno after his one-month contract expired.
The move doesn’t come as a great surprise given Kaberle, 34, parted ways with his family in North America to play for Kladno after signing in late September.
Kaberle’s departure was first reported on the Kladno website in a story that, thanks to the powers of Google translate, reads like this:
Already in Friday’s game against Vitkovice not entered defenseman Tomas Kaberle, who after a month’s engagement in Kladno returns for his family to America.
“Arrangement was for a month and this period has expired. I leave the ocean, where I have family,” explained Tomas Kaberle.
The ocean will miss you, Tomas.
- Eichel earns assist and scores in shootout as U.S. squeaks by Finland 1
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 17
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 3
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 10
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)