Oct 25, 2012, 6:48 PM EDT
If you’re an NHL season ticket holder itching to watch a hockey game, the Trenton Titans have an offer for you.
They’re prepared to offer free tickets to their contests on Friday and Saturday, provided that you show them a 2012-2013 NHL ticket, according to New Jersey Online. You’ll also get to keep the NHL ticket in case the 2012-13 campaign is salvaged, although they will record the ticket information to make sure you don’t use the same one again for extra seats.
Trenton plays in the ECHL, which is a minor league hockey that ranks one tier below the AHL. The Titans are affiliated with the Philadelphia Flyers, although Devils goaltending prospect Scott Wedgewood is a member of the team. They also feature Flyers prospect Marcel Noebels, who was taken in the fourth round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
With the NHL locked out, the minor leagues have been trying to attract extra attention. AHL attendance was up by 5% over the first week of the season and the AHL Rochester Americans recently hosted the Hamilton Bulldogs in the Sabres’ arena, the First Niagara Center.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)