Oct 25, 2012, 6:48 PM EDT
If you’re an NHL season ticket holder itching to watch a hockey game, the Trenton Titans have an offer for you.
They’re prepared to offer free tickets to their contests on Friday and Saturday, provided that you show them a 2012-2013 NHL ticket, according to New Jersey Online. You’ll also get to keep the NHL ticket in case the 2012-13 campaign is salvaged, although they will record the ticket information to make sure you don’t use the same one again for extra seats.
Trenton plays in the ECHL, which is a minor league hockey that ranks one tier below the AHL. The Titans are affiliated with the Philadelphia Flyers, although Devils goaltending prospect Scott Wedgewood is a member of the team. They also feature Flyers prospect Marcel Noebels, who was taken in the fourth round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
With the NHL locked out, the minor leagues have been trying to attract extra attention. AHL attendance was up by 5% over the first week of the season and the AHL Rochester Americans recently hosted the Hamilton Bulldogs in the Sabres’ arena, the First Niagara Center.
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 43
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 21
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 39
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M (58)
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off (54)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)