Oct 25, 2012, 6:48 PM EDT
If you’re an NHL season ticket holder itching to watch a hockey game, the Trenton Titans have an offer for you.
They’re prepared to offer free tickets to their contests on Friday and Saturday, provided that you show them a 2012-2013 NHL ticket, according to New Jersey Online. You’ll also get to keep the NHL ticket in case the 2012-13 campaign is salvaged, although they will record the ticket information to make sure you don’t use the same one again for extra seats.
Trenton plays in the ECHL, which is a minor league hockey that ranks one tier below the AHL. The Titans are affiliated with the Philadelphia Flyers, although Devils goaltending prospect Scott Wedgewood is a member of the team. They also feature Flyers prospect Marcel Noebels, who was taken in the fourth round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
With the NHL locked out, the minor leagues have been trying to attract extra attention. AHL attendance was up by 5% over the first week of the season and the AHL Rochester Americans recently hosted the Hamilton Bulldogs in the Sabres’ arena, the First Niagara Center.
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 45
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 24
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 11
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)