Oct 25, 2012, 6:48 PM EST
If you’re an NHL season ticket holder itching to watch a hockey game, the Trenton Titans have an offer for you.
They’re prepared to offer free tickets to their contests on Friday and Saturday, provided that you show them a 2012-2013 NHL ticket, according to New Jersey Online. You’ll also get to keep the NHL ticket in case the 2012-13 campaign is salvaged, although they will record the ticket information to make sure you don’t use the same one again for extra seats.
Trenton plays in the ECHL, which is a minor league hockey that ranks one tier below the AHL. The Titans are affiliated with the Philadelphia Flyers, although Devils goaltending prospect Scott Wedgewood is a member of the team. They also feature Flyers prospect Marcel Noebels, who was taken in the fourth round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
With the NHL locked out, the minor leagues have been trying to attract extra attention. AHL attendance was up by 5% over the first week of the season and the AHL Rochester Americans recently hosted the Hamilton Bulldogs in the Sabres’ arena, the First Niagara Center.
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 9
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 21
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 61
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 16
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight 82
- Lombardi happy to get ‘one of the better defenseman on the market’ in Sekera 3
- NHL on NBCSN: Wild need two points from NHL-leading Preds 21
- Video: Potential No. 1 overall pick Connor McDavid goes end-to-end, top shelf 9
- Leafs’ Rielly apologizes for insensitive remarks (86)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Chiarelli understands scrutiny on GM and coach, but says, ‘It’s unfortunate that we’re under review for one year’ (69)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (65)