Oct 25, 2012, 6:48 PM EDT
If you’re an NHL season ticket holder itching to watch a hockey game, the Trenton Titans have an offer for you.
They’re prepared to offer free tickets to their contests on Friday and Saturday, provided that you show them a 2012-2013 NHL ticket, according to New Jersey Online. You’ll also get to keep the NHL ticket in case the 2012-13 campaign is salvaged, although they will record the ticket information to make sure you don’t use the same one again for extra seats.
Trenton plays in the ECHL, which is a minor league hockey that ranks one tier below the AHL. The Titans are affiliated with the Philadelphia Flyers, although Devils goaltending prospect Scott Wedgewood is a member of the team. They also feature Flyers prospect Marcel Noebels, who was taken in the fourth round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft.
With the NHL locked out, the minor leagues have been trying to attract extra attention. AHL attendance was up by 5% over the first week of the season and the AHL Rochester Americans recently hosted the Hamilton Bulldogs in the Sabres’ arena, the First Niagara Center.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)