Oct 24, 2012, 9:38 PM EDT
The lockout is still dragging on, but Buffalo hockey fans were treated to a pro game featuring Cody Hodgson on Tuesday.
The Rochester Americans, which are the Sabres’ AHL-affiliate, followed through with their plans to play a home game in the Sabres’ arena, the First Niagara Center.
The Amerks earned a 3-1 victory over the AHL Hamilton Bulldogs in the presence of 10,936 fans, according to the AHL. That’s their biggest crowd for a home game since 2004-05 when another lockout wiped out the full NHL season.
Hodgson netted the game-winning goal and registered an assist for the Americans. He’s been dominant in the AHL so far, recording a goal and nine points in six games.
Marcus Foligno, who went on a tear in his late season stint with the Sabres in 2011-12, had an assist and is tied with Hodgson at nine points.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)