Oct 24, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Hockey players sometimes say the darnedest things. In David Krejci‘s case, he wants you to know he didn’t exactly say what you thought he said.
After sounding off on the league saying Gary Bettman treats the players like animals, the Bruins center owned up to his comments saying he wasn’t talking about the team that cuts his checks. Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com shares his mea culpa.
“I regret my recent comments about the lockout which were made flippantly in the locker room after our last game. I did not intend for them to be recorded,” said Krejci. “Specifically, I have been treated very well by the Boston Bruins and wish to confirm that my comments should not reflect on my club in any way. I regret any inference to the contrary.”
If this kind of story sounds familiar, it’s because we’ve seen Sergei Kostitsyn and Michal Neuvirth blame things being lost in translation when speaking their mind. In this case, Krejci owns what he said but leaves his own boss out of the equation.
Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs being one of the leaders on the owners’ side in the lockout helped make his statements doubly awkward.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)