Oct 24, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
Hockey players sometimes say the darnedest things. In David Krejci‘s case, he wants you to know he didn’t exactly say what you thought he said.
After sounding off on the league saying Gary Bettman treats the players like animals, the Bruins center owned up to his comments saying he wasn’t talking about the team that cuts his checks. Joe Haggerty of CSNNE.com shares his mea culpa.
“I regret my recent comments about the lockout which were made flippantly in the locker room after our last game. I did not intend for them to be recorded,” said Krejci. “Specifically, I have been treated very well by the Boston Bruins and wish to confirm that my comments should not reflect on my club in any way. I regret any inference to the contrary.”
If this kind of story sounds familiar, it’s because we’ve seen Sergei Kostitsyn and Michal Neuvirth blame things being lost in translation when speaking their mind. In this case, Krejci owns what he said but leaves his own boss out of the equation.
Bruins owner Jeremy Jacobs being one of the leaders on the owners’ side in the lockout helped make his statements doubly awkward.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)