Oct 23, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
Rangers’ playoff rookie sensation is finding out the AHL can be just as tough as the NHL.
The AHL suspended Kreider for one game thanks to a boarding major he took in a game against Norfolk on Friday night. Kreider gets to sit out Wednesday night’s game on the road in Albany.
In his first four games with the Connecticut Whale, Kreider has yet to notch a goal but has two assists. He was the lone New York Rangers player to get sent to the AHL during the lockout and for him it’s a good thing, developmentally speaking.
Now if he can just watch the hits from behind, he’ll be able to score some goals for what is likely his temporary home during the lockout.
- Silfverberg scores winner with 21 seconds remaining, Ducks complete comeback over Jets 4
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ 32
- So…what do the Oilers do now? 40
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall 157
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 7
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 16
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 5
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 24
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 29
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (159)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)