Oct 23, 2012, 10:45 PM EDT
Rangers’ playoff rookie sensation is finding out the AHL can be just as tough as the NHL.
The AHL suspended Kreider for one game thanks to a boarding major he took in a game against Norfolk on Friday night. Kreider gets to sit out Wednesday night’s game on the road in Albany.
In his first four games with the Connecticut Whale, Kreider has yet to notch a goal but has two assists. He was the lone New York Rangers player to get sent to the AHL during the lockout and for him it’s a good thing, developmentally speaking.
Now if he can just watch the hits from behind, he’ll be able to score some goals for what is likely his temporary home during the lockout.
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 0
- Video: Flyers’ Jones lays out Smith, called for charging 4
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 1
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 8
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 33
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 9
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)