Oct 23, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
A number of the locked-out Ottawa Senators are scattered throughout Europe and their situations are just as varied. (Ottawa Citizen)
Oklahoma City Barons blueliner Taylor Fedun likes the AHL’s hybrid icing rule. He missed the entire 2011-12 campaign after breaking his leg during an icing race in a 2011 preseason game. (Edmonton Journal)
In CHL News: Hunter Garlent is the OHL player of the week with three goals and eight points in three games. Petr Straka, Nathan MacKinnon and Philippe Desrosiers are the QMJHL’s three stars of the week. Lastly, Colin Smith had three goals and 10 points in four games en route to being named the WHL player of the week.
- Report: No suspension for Lucic spear of DeKeyser 22
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 5
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 113
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 54
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 7
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 14
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 17