Oct 23, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
A number of the locked-out Ottawa Senators are scattered throughout Europe and their situations are just as varied. (Ottawa Citizen)
Oklahoma City Barons blueliner Taylor Fedun likes the AHL’s hybrid icing rule. He missed the entire 2011-12 campaign after breaking his leg during an icing race in a 2011 preseason game. (Edmonton Journal)
In CHL News: Hunter Garlent is the OHL player of the week with three goals and eight points in three games. Petr Straka, Nathan MacKinnon and Philippe Desrosiers are the QMJHL’s three stars of the week. Lastly, Colin Smith had three goals and 10 points in four games en route to being named the WHL player of the week.
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 41
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 17
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 16
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 36
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 96
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead