Oct 23, 2012, 11:10 PM EDT
John Davidson’s long flirtation with the Columbus Blue Jackets is reportedly about to pay off.
Portzline also reports general manager Scott Howson, assistant GM Chris MacFarland, and senior adviser of hockey operations Craig Patrick will retain their jobs with the team. The catch here is that Davidson will be the boss of all three guys.
As you might remember, Davidson was allowed to look for a new job when Tom Stillman bought the St. Louis Blues and the one team he gravitated towards immediately was Columbus. He’ll have his hands full in trying to help turn the Jackets around as they’ve made the playoffs just once in team history.
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 0
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 43
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 5
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 18
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 25
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 18
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (43)
- Boychuk doesn’t want to be traded, but has no control over the matter (39)