Oct 22, 2012, 9:00 AM EDT
PHT’s Morning Skate takes a look around the world of hockey to see what’s happening and what we’ll be talking about around the NHL world and beyond.
While the L.A. Kings aren’t partying with the Stanley Cup, it gave the L.A. Lakers a chance to see it and Metta World Peace (aka: Ron Artest) ate almonds out of it and wondered if George Washington ever touched it. Sorry Metta, that’s a “no.” (Twitter via Arash Markazi)
So how about the Edmonton Oilers’ blue line depth? Is there any? (Edmonton Journal)
Here’s a fun story about the Maple Leafs team doctor who made Stanley Cup history. (Globe And Mail)
Here’s more fretting over whether or not the fans will return after this lockout. (Edmonton Journal)
FYI: Today is Day 37 of the lockout. “37? In a row?”
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 50
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 19
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 20
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 60
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 101
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead