Eric Fehr signs with Finnish team

Oct 22, 2012, 11:03 PM EST

Eric Fehr #17 of the Winnipeg Jets waits for a faceoff during an NHL hockey game against the Philadelphia Flyers at Wells Fargo Center on January 31, 2012 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
(January 30, 2012 - Source: Paul Bereswill/Getty Images North America) Getty Images

Eric Fehr recently announced that he will travel to Finland to play for HPK.

Fehr was hindered by a shoulder injury last season and ended up with just three points in 35 games. Unlike many of the other 2011-12 NHLers that have recently signed with European squads, Fehr was an unrestricted free agent going into the lockout.

He’s a Manitobia-native, so being a part of the new Winnipeg Jets inaugural season must have been special for him. Still, he might have played his last game with the club.

“I wouldn’t say it’s closed,” said Fehr said of rejoining the Jets in a Winnipeg Free Press report back in September, “but it’s not something we’re really looking at. If they came to me and wanted me to come back I’d have to take a good look at it and see if it was a good option for me.”

Fehr has 48 goals and 96 points in 265 NHL games.

1. blomfeld - Oct 23, 2012 at 2:11 AM

THAT’S NOT THE QUESTION !

With all due respect Dadoun … what “we” the people need to know, is whether or not this particular person is related to those Fehr “parasites” who are currently trying to destroy our beloved game of hockey ? Please kindly assuage our concerns that this isn’t the case ? Otherwise, this lawyer-bred “punk” can seriously “go to hell” for all we care !

2. datsyukdominates - Oct 23, 2012 at 7:40 AM

Wow. That may be one of the dumbest comments I’ve ever read. Nice job.

• blomfeld - Oct 23, 2012 at 3:37 PM

Hey man, I think you’re right ? … like what the hell was I thinking eh ?

GO FEHR !!

GO LAWYERS !!!!!

GO NHL LOCKOUT !!!!!!!!!

3. bmoreredfury311 - Oct 23, 2012 at 7:25 PM

Eric Fehr is a great grinder, i would love to have him back on the Caps, he would of been a good fit with Hunters coaching style last year. Hope someone picks him up.

@Blomfeld..No relation to the “lawyers”.. i think you need to check your facts a little more.Friend

• blomfeld - Oct 23, 2012 at 9:55 PM

It was meant purely in jest friend … as is most of my Ovechkin bashing ;)
      on this contrived lockout business however, I am dead serious … just watch what magically happens now over the coming couple of weeks … Blomfeld knows !

GO CAPS GO !!!

4. taraelias - Oct 24, 2012 at 11:56 AM

can u spell Manitoba right,,,,brutal

• blomfeld - Oct 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I remember once on CNN this anchor said “Saskachewing” … :)

More than a Stanley Cup hangover?
Top 10 NHL Player Searches