Oct 22, 2012, 11:03 PM EDT
Eric Fehr recently announced that he will travel to Finland to play for HPK.
Fehr was hindered by a shoulder injury last season and ended up with just three points in 35 games. Unlike many of the other 2011-12 NHLers that have recently signed with European squads, Fehr was an unrestricted free agent going into the lockout.
He’s a Manitobia-native, so being a part of the new Winnipeg Jets inaugural season must have been special for him. Still, he might have played his last game with the club.
“I wouldn’t say it’s closed,” said Fehr said of rejoining the Jets in a Winnipeg Free Press report back in September, “but it’s not something we’re really looking at. If they came to me and wanted me to come back I’d have to take a good look at it and see if it was a good option for me.”
Fehr has 48 goals and 96 points in 265 NHL games.
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 2
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 76
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)