Oct 22, 2012, 11:03 PM EST
Eric Fehr recently announced that he will travel to Finland to play for HPK.
Fehr was hindered by a shoulder injury last season and ended up with just three points in 35 games. Unlike many of the other 2011-12 NHLers that have recently signed with European squads, Fehr was an unrestricted free agent going into the lockout.
He’s a Manitobia-native, so being a part of the new Winnipeg Jets inaugural season must have been special for him. Still, he might have played his last game with the club.
“I wouldn’t say it’s closed,” said Fehr said of rejoining the Jets in a Winnipeg Free Press report back in September, “but it’s not something we’re really looking at. If they came to me and wanted me to come back I’d have to take a good look at it and see if it was a good option for me.”
Fehr has 48 goals and 96 points in 265 NHL games.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 0
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 23
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 17
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)