Oct 22, 2012, 11:03 PM EDT
Eric Fehr recently announced that he will travel to Finland to play for HPK.
Fehr was hindered by a shoulder injury last season and ended up with just three points in 35 games. Unlike many of the other 2011-12 NHLers that have recently signed with European squads, Fehr was an unrestricted free agent going into the lockout.
He’s a Manitobia-native, so being a part of the new Winnipeg Jets inaugural season must have been special for him. Still, he might have played his last game with the club.
“I wouldn’t say it’s closed,” said Fehr said of rejoining the Jets in a Winnipeg Free Press report back in September, “but it’s not something we’re really looking at. If they came to me and wanted me to come back I’d have to take a good look at it and see if it was a good option for me.”
Fehr has 48 goals and 96 points in 265 NHL games.
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 0
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 22
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 12
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 41
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 11
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)