Oct 22, 2012, 11:03 PM EDT
Eric Fehr recently announced that he will travel to Finland to play for HPK.
Fehr was hindered by a shoulder injury last season and ended up with just three points in 35 games. Unlike many of the other 2011-12 NHLers that have recently signed with European squads, Fehr was an unrestricted free agent going into the lockout.
He’s a Manitobia-native, so being a part of the new Winnipeg Jets inaugural season must have been special for him. Still, he might have played his last game with the club.
“I wouldn’t say it’s closed,” said Fehr said of rejoining the Jets in a Winnipeg Free Press report back in September, “but it’s not something we’re really looking at. If they came to me and wanted me to come back I’d have to take a good look at it and see if it was a good option for me.”
Fehr has 48 goals and 96 points in 265 NHL games.
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 58
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 5
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 29
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 15
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 73
- Video: Morrow’s goal off the foot stands after review 6
- Maloney signs long-term contract as Coyotes GM 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Penguins aim to finish off Senators 20
- Kings’ Quick ‘didn’t have to work hard’ in shutout win over Sharks 8
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Follow LIVE: Champions League final
- Live box score: UEFA Champions League final
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- PHT: Brassard says Marchand shows no respect
- PST: Neymar reportedly set to join Barcelona
- Play Video: Highlights: Penguins crush Senators to move on
- Play Video: Neil hits Murray below the belt
- Play Video: Morrow's goal up for review in Game 5
- Play Video: Phantom penalty called on Crosby
- Play Video: I was there: Bruins stun Maple Leafs in Game 7
- Play Video: Top-seeded Blackhawks on brink of elimination