Oct 22, 2012, 11:03 PM EST
Eric Fehr recently announced that he will travel to Finland to play for HPK.
Fehr was hindered by a shoulder injury last season and ended up with just three points in 35 games. Unlike many of the other 2011-12 NHLers that have recently signed with European squads, Fehr was an unrestricted free agent going into the lockout.
He’s a Manitobia-native, so being a part of the new Winnipeg Jets inaugural season must have been special for him. Still, he might have played his last game with the club.
“I wouldn’t say it’s closed,” said Fehr said of rejoining the Jets in a Winnipeg Free Press report back in September, “but it’s not something we’re really looking at. If they came to me and wanted me to come back I’d have to take a good look at it and see if it was a good option for me.”
Fehr has 48 goals and 96 points in 265 NHL games.
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 0
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 27
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 49
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 30
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 18
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)