Oct 22, 2012, 11:52 AM EDT
Another day, another player taking a shot at NHL commissioner Gary Bettman.
Today it’s David Krejci’s turn.
In an interview with Czech media outlet iSport.cz (Google translated), the Bruins’ forward had the following to say about the commish:
“We want to play, we’re the ones who are doing the show in the NHL, but Bettman thinks it makes him. It is unfortunate that the NHL have such a guy. It’s a shame for the entire hockey world. Treats us like animals.”
Krejci is coming off a three-year, $11.25 million contract and is set to start a three-year, $15.75 million deal.
Not bad for a 26-year-old animal.
Krejci also took issue with Bettman’s annual salary that’s risen from $3.7 million to almost $8 million since the 2004-05 lockout.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 21
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)