Oct 22, 2012, 11:52 AM EDT
Another day, another player taking a shot at NHL commissioner Gary Bettman.
Today it’s David Krejci’s turn.
In an interview with Czech media outlet iSport.cz (Google translated), the Bruins’ forward had the following to say about the commish:
“We want to play, we’re the ones who are doing the show in the NHL, but Bettman thinks it makes him. It is unfortunate that the NHL have such a guy. It’s a shame for the entire hockey world. Treats us like animals.”
Krejci is coming off a three-year, $11.25 million contract and is set to start a three-year, $15.75 million deal.
Not bad for a 26-year-old animal.
Krejci also took issue with Bettman’s annual salary that’s risen from $3.7 million to almost $8 million since the 2004-05 lockout.
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup playoff action 0
- Tarasenko’s hat trick has the Wild singing the Blues 7
- Bishop records first career playoff win as Lightning even series with Red Wings 2
- Hartley fined $50,000 after brawl between Flames and Canucks 13
- Blackhawks’ Darling gets the nod for Game 3 19
- Watch Live: Bolts, Blues look to even up their respective series 0
- Preds’ Weber not travelling to Chicago 15
- Report: Flames requested a review of Engelland’s instigator 17
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 33
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (98)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)