Oct 22, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
If the NHL and NHLPA were somehow able to reach a new CBA in time to start the season on Nov. 2, Jason Garrison would be ready to go.
The Canucks’ new $27.6 million defenseman has been struggling with a mysterious groin injury this offseason (though it hasn’t stopped him from making new friends in the city), but after skating today in Vancouver, he expressed his readiness for Nov. 2.
“That’s what I’m planning for,” said Garrison (via The Province’s Ben Kuzma). “I’m using this time to make sure [the groin injury] doesn’t come back.”
The 27-year-old also said that groin issues have been ongoing throughout his career; however, this one isn’t a sports hernia.
Canucks GM Mike Gillis confirmed last week on Vancouver radio that Garrison was still working his way back from a groin injury.
“With Jason, we’ve ruled out the possibility he has a sports hernia,” Gillis said. “But it’s kind of like he feels like he’s at 80 or 85 per cent all the time and getting that extra 10-15 per cent has been challenging for him a little bit. There have been some strides made and he is feeling better. It’s a difficult injury to diagnose and handle and we’ll see how he does over the next week or so and then make some decisions.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 9
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 72
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)