Oct 22, 2012, 3:30 PM EST
If the NHL and NHLPA were somehow able to reach a new CBA in time to start the season on Nov. 2, Jason Garrison would be ready to go.
The Canucks’ new $27.6 million defenseman has been struggling with a mysterious groin injury this offseason (though it hasn’t stopped him from making new friends in the city), but after skating today in Vancouver, he expressed his readiness for Nov. 2.
“That’s what I’m planning for,” said Garrison (via The Province’s Ben Kuzma). “I’m using this time to make sure [the groin injury] doesn’t come back.”
The 27-year-old also said that groin issues have been ongoing throughout his career; however, this one isn’t a sports hernia.
Canucks GM Mike Gillis confirmed last week on Vancouver radio that Garrison was still working his way back from a groin injury.
“With Jason, we’ve ruled out the possibility he has a sports hernia,” Gillis said. “But it’s kind of like he feels like he’s at 80 or 85 per cent all the time and getting that extra 10-15 per cent has been challenging for him a little bit. There have been some strides made and he is feeling better. It’s a difficult injury to diagnose and handle and we’ll see how he does over the next week or so and then make some decisions.”
- Firing Dallas Eakins ‘would be so unfair,’ says Taylor Hall 27
- ‘It sucks for us, it sucks for the fans’: Oilers losing skid hits six games 14
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ 82
- ‘We did not want to disrespect our fans’: Leafs salute supporters after beating Red Wings 4
- Video: Demers sends Stoll flying with massive open-ice hit 8
- Don Cherry on Leafs not saluting fans: ‘I couldn’t believe these guys would do something like this’ 15
- Report: Dan Hamhuis’ injury is significant, but not season-ending 5
- Been there, done that: Oilers lose five straight for second time this season 10
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ 86
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch 43
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (86)
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (82)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (78)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Wild put Harding on waivers (Updated) (52)