Oct 22, 2012, 3:30 PM EDT
If the NHL and NHLPA were somehow able to reach a new CBA in time to start the season on Nov. 2, Jason Garrison would be ready to go.
The Canucks’ new $27.6 million defenseman has been struggling with a mysterious groin injury this offseason (though it hasn’t stopped him from making new friends in the city), but after skating today in Vancouver, he expressed his readiness for Nov. 2.
“That’s what I’m planning for,” said Garrison (via The Province’s Ben Kuzma). “I’m using this time to make sure [the groin injury] doesn’t come back.”
The 27-year-old also said that groin issues have been ongoing throughout his career; however, this one isn’t a sports hernia.
Canucks GM Mike Gillis confirmed last week on Vancouver radio that Garrison was still working his way back from a groin injury.
“With Jason, we’ve ruled out the possibility he has a sports hernia,” Gillis said. “But it’s kind of like he feels like he’s at 80 or 85 per cent all the time and getting that extra 10-15 per cent has been challenging for him a little bit. There have been some strides made and he is feeling better. It’s a difficult injury to diagnose and handle and we’ll see how he does over the next week or so and then make some decisions.”
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 21
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 13
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 10
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 40
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 48
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- WATCH LIVE: San Jose Sharks at Los Angeles Kings (Game 3) 2
- Bettman says shootouts are staying, gives salary cap estimate 40
- Video: Yeo asked if Cooke told to ‘target’ Avs, does not like question 64
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (127)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)