Oct 22, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
Assuming nothing was lost in translation or taken out of context, Predators forward Sergei Kostitsyn will have some explaining to do when he returns to the NHL.
If, that is, he returns to the NHL.
According to a Reuters report (via an interview with Russian daily Sport-Express), Kostitsyn “hated” (Reuters’ word) life in North America and called Columbus “the gloomiest” (his words) city in the United States.
“I couldn’t get used to (American) mentality. They are totally different people from us,” he said.
Kostitsyn, 25, also wants the NHL to go ahead and cancel the season now if there’s going to be no hockey.
“Let’s put it this way – it would be better (for the players) if the lockout continues,” he said.
“Players want a definite answer. If the NHL season is lost – let it be that way. I would then play in Russia for the whole season.”
Kostitsyn recently signed a two-year, $6 million contract with the Preds.
We hear winter in Siberia isn’t gloomy in the least.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:25 AM EDT
He received an instigator penalty late in Game 2.
Apr 18, 2015, 11:05 AM EDT
He’s been out since mid-March with an arm injury.
Apr 18, 2015, 9:51 AM EDT
Tampa Bay looks to avoid a sixth straight postseason loss.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:36 AM EDT
Another rough go for Crow.
Apr 18, 2015, 1:15 AM EDT
Crazy finish at Rogers Arena.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:59 AM EDT
Series now even at one.
Apr 18, 2015, 12:31 AM EDT
Talk about taking the game out of the officials’ hands.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:34 PM EDT
In Las Vegas.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:21 PM EDT
All the breaks seem to be going Chicago’s way.
Apr 17, 2015, 11:19 PM EDT
Second key player Nashville’s lost in as many games.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:52 PM EDT
Not a great start to the playoffs for Corey Crawford.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:46 PM EDT
Johnny Boychuk admits Isles let one slip away.
Apr 17, 2015, 10:12 PM EDT
Ottawa will need magic at home.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:53 PM EDT
Quite a comeback win for Washington.
Apr 17, 2015, 9:25 PM EDT
He blew the Islanders’ minds on this one.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:37 PM EDT
Updated with P.K. Subban’s booming goal.
Apr 17, 2015, 8:02 PM EDT
Awesome countered by awesomeness.
Apr 17, 2015, 7:02 PM EDT
He seemed tentative in warm-ups …
Apr 17, 2015, 6:39 PM EDT
Apr 17, 2015, 6:28 PM EDT
No pressure, kid.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 15
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 27
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 78
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (83)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)