Oct 22, 2012, 11:02 AM EDT
Assuming nothing was lost in translation or taken out of context, Predators forward Sergei Kostitsyn will have some explaining to do when he returns to the NHL.
If, that is, he returns to the NHL.
According to a Reuters report (via an interview with Russian daily Sport-Express), Kostitsyn “hated” (Reuters’ word) life in North America and called Columbus “the gloomiest” (his words) city in the United States.
“I couldn’t get used to (American) mentality. They are totally different people from us,” he said.
Kostitsyn, 25, also wants the NHL to go ahead and cancel the season now if there’s going to be no hockey.
“Let’s put it this way – it would be better (for the players) if the lockout continues,” he said.
“Players want a definite answer. If the NHL season is lost – let it be that way. I would then play in Russia for the whole season.”
Kostitsyn recently signed a two-year, $6 million contract with the Preds.
We hear winter in Siberia isn’t gloomy in the least.
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 0
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 13
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 1
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 28
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Here are your top 5 and bottom 5 goalies of the young NHL season 13
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely 78
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)