Oct 21, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Although he’s skating with the AHL Oklahoma City Barons, he’s still in the final stages of his recovery from a shoulder injury and won’t play until November.
“It’s a bit of a weird situation…I know I just signed for $42 million but everybody knows I love to play no matter what they pay me, and right now they’re paying me when I’m not playing,” Hall said. Just to clarify, Hall’s seven-year, $42 million contract doesn’t begin until the 2013-14 campaign.
Hall isn’t eligible to play for the Barons until he travels back to Edmonton to get medical clearance.
For now, he’s expected to take his involvement in practices to a new level next week. That’s when he’ll start participating in one-on-one drills, as well as a variety of others to test his shoulder.
“I did take some face-offs yesterday (Friday) and today (Saturday),” Hall said. “I did another drill where I had my arm extended, holding off somebody. I couldn’t do that last season (his shoulder was in bad shape even before Colorado’s Ryan Wilson stapled him into the boards in Denver 11 months ago). The shoulder feels strong.”
When he’s finally given the green light, he’ll join Justin Schultz, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, and Jordan Eberle as part of the AHL Oklahoma City Barons. That is, of course, unless the NHL and union have a change of heart over the next few days and sign a new CBA.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 149
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 97
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 119
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 89
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (181)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (149)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (119)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (97)