Oct 21, 2012, 10:00 AM EST
Although he’s skating with the AHL Oklahoma City Barons, he’s still in the final stages of his recovery from a shoulder injury and won’t play until November.
“It’s a bit of a weird situation…I know I just signed for $42 million but everybody knows I love to play no matter what they pay me, and right now they’re paying me when I’m not playing,” Hall said. Just to clarify, Hall’s seven-year, $42 million contract doesn’t begin until the 2013-14 campaign.
Hall isn’t eligible to play for the Barons until he travels back to Edmonton to get medical clearance.
For now, he’s expected to take his involvement in practices to a new level next week. That’s when he’ll start participating in one-on-one drills, as well as a variety of others to test his shoulder.
“I did take some face-offs yesterday (Friday) and today (Saturday),” Hall said. “I did another drill where I had my arm extended, holding off somebody. I couldn’t do that last season (his shoulder was in bad shape even before Colorado’s Ryan Wilson stapled him into the boards in Denver 11 months ago). The shoulder feels strong.”
When he’s finally given the green light, he’ll join Justin Schultz, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, and Jordan Eberle as part of the AHL Oklahoma City Barons. That is, of course, unless the NHL and union have a change of heart over the next few days and sign a new CBA.
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 0
- Ryan Murray has knee surgery, likely done for season 1
- Washington finally signs top prospect Kuznetsov 31
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 29
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 65
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 27
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 32
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 14
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 21
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (65)