Oct 21, 2012, 8:00 PM EST
If there’s something the lack of talk between the owners and players causes, it’s plenty of speculation about the lockout and when (or if) it will end soon. As you might expect, opinions are all over the place from all types.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review hears from labor experts in and around Pittsburgh who feel there’s finally a deal to be made between the two sides.
“We always say that when parties are using the same language, they are on opposite sides of the bridge, they can see where they want to go, and it’s just a matter of getting there,” said Emily Town, a Downtown lawyer with Stember Feinstein Doyle Payne & Kravec.
Meanwhile, ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun heard from a team executive who says there will either be a deal done this week or the whole season will be wiped out.
Could things actually be “all or nothing” just like that? That depends on how negotiations go in the coming days or weeks.
- Garbutt suspended two games for ‘reckless’ knee-on-knee hit 1
- Report: Justin Schultz to be healthy scratch versus Preds 27
- PHT shares #WhyImThankful 8
- Roy: ‘They got away with things that we could not’ 18
- Video: Panthers’ Luongo leaves game due to injury (Updated) 0
- Video: Jets’ Lowry hits Sabres’ Kaleta from behind 6
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 6
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 20
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 18
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 1
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (101)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)
- Video: Prout drops Lucic with one punch (45)