Oct 21, 2012, 8:00 PM EDT
If there’s something the lack of talk between the owners and players causes, it’s plenty of speculation about the lockout and when (or if) it will end soon. As you might expect, opinions are all over the place from all types.
Rob Rossi of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review hears from labor experts in and around Pittsburgh who feel there’s finally a deal to be made between the two sides.
“We always say that when parties are using the same language, they are on opposite sides of the bridge, they can see where they want to go, and it’s just a matter of getting there,” said Emily Town, a Downtown lawyer with Stember Feinstein Doyle Payne & Kravec.
Meanwhile, ESPN.com’s Pierre LeBrun heard from a team executive who says there will either be a deal done this week or the whole season will be wiped out.
Could things actually be “all or nothing” just like that? That depends on how negotiations go in the coming days or weeks.
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 9
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 21
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 12
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 13
- Sens tell fans to stop throwing hamburgers 35
- NHL confirms working with Isles, Leddy regarding Twitter threats (Updated) 16
- Snider: Patience is ‘great with the kids,’ but not with ‘the team we have on the ice’ 11
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Asst. GM Guerin admits Penguins need to lay off the refs (52)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)