Oct 20, 2012, 4:30 PM EST
Alex Ovechkin‘s times with Dynamo Moscow haven’t been teeming over with highlight reel plays, but he’s certainly making an impact on the league… Just not in the way you’d think.
During Dynamo’s 4-1 win over Atlant, Ovechkin not only scored a goal but managed to cause a bit of a delay thanks to smashing a pane of glass after delivering a check. What caused the destruction? Ovi’s head of course. Check out the video courtesy of the KHL.
OK the video is a bit weird as we get to see Ovechkin get undressed outside the locker room to get the glass out of his equipment and he apparently gets his hand worked on as well. All that destruction from just his head though? Yowza.
(Photo via Pavel Lysenkov)
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory (53)