Oct 20, 2012, 4:30 PM EDT
Alex Ovechkin‘s times with Dynamo Moscow haven’t been teeming over with highlight reel plays, but he’s certainly making an impact on the league… Just not in the way you’d think.
During Dynamo’s 4-1 win over Atlant, Ovechkin not only scored a goal but managed to cause a bit of a delay thanks to smashing a pane of glass after delivering a check. What caused the destruction? Ovi’s head of course. Check out the video courtesy of the KHL.
OK the video is a bit weird as we get to see Ovechkin get undressed outside the locker room to get the glass out of his equipment and he apparently gets his hand worked on as well. All that destruction from just his head though? Yowza.
(Photo via Pavel Lysenkov)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)