Oct 20, 2012, 6:49 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers’ Ben Eager and his brother Michael are reportedly facing charges of assault, assault with weapon, and assault with bodily harm following an alleged bar fight in Toronto, according to City News.
The weapon being referred might have been a chair, according to Mark Spector. He added that matter will be presented to a judge tomorrow.
The incident reportedly took place at The Quail pub around 1 am ET on Saturday and involved a doorman, who was taken to the hospital via an ambulance after sustaining cuts to his face.
“We are used to dealing with young professionals,” the pub’s general manager, Jennine Lombardo said. “Last night stopped staff dead in their tracks and is not typical of what happens at our establishment. Once the fight started, service ended immediately. Our staff was in shock. And we are concerned for our door man who was brutally attacked and hurt.”
Lombardo plans to give the police security footage which she claims shows the fight.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 5
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Minnesota leapfrogs Chicago in the Central Division (57)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)