Oct 20, 2012, 6:49 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers’ Ben Eager and his brother Michael are reportedly facing charges of assault, assault with weapon, and assault with bodily harm following an alleged bar fight in Toronto, according to City News.
The weapon being referred might have been a chair, according to Mark Spector. He added that matter will be presented to a judge tomorrow.
The incident reportedly took place at The Quail pub around 1 am ET on Saturday and involved a doorman, who was taken to the hospital via an ambulance after sustaining cuts to his face.
“We are used to dealing with young professionals,” the pub’s general manager, Jennine Lombardo said. “Last night stopped staff dead in their tracks and is not typical of what happens at our establishment. Once the fight started, service ended immediately. Our staff was in shock. And we are concerned for our door man who was brutally attacked and hurt.”
Lombardo plans to give the police security footage which she claims shows the fight.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 11
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 13
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 24
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)