Oct 20, 2012, 6:49 PM EST
The Edmonton Oilers’ Ben Eager and his brother Michael are reportedly facing charges of assault, assault with weapon, and assault with bodily harm following an alleged bar fight in Toronto, according to City News.
The weapon being referred might have been a chair, according to Mark Spector. He added that matter will be presented to a judge tomorrow.
The incident reportedly took place at The Quail pub around 1 am ET on Saturday and involved a doorman, who was taken to the hospital via an ambulance after sustaining cuts to his face.
“We are used to dealing with young professionals,” the pub’s general manager, Jennine Lombardo said. “Last night stopped staff dead in their tracks and is not typical of what happens at our establishment. Once the fight started, service ended immediately. Our staff was in shock. And we are concerned for our door man who was brutally attacked and hurt.”
Lombardo plans to give the police security footage which she claims shows the fight.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 30
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 3
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 12
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 24
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 51
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)