Oct 20, 2012, 6:49 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers’ Ben Eager and his brother Michael are reportedly facing charges of assault, assault with weapon, and assault with bodily harm following an alleged bar fight in Toronto, according to City News.
The weapon being referred might have been a chair, according to Mark Spector. He added that matter will be presented to a judge tomorrow.
The incident reportedly took place at The Quail pub around 1 am ET on Saturday and involved a doorman, who was taken to the hospital via an ambulance after sustaining cuts to his face.
“We are used to dealing with young professionals,” the pub’s general manager, Jennine Lombardo said. “Last night stopped staff dead in their tracks and is not typical of what happens at our establishment. Once the fight started, service ended immediately. Our staff was in shock. And we are concerned for our door man who was brutally attacked and hurt.”
Lombardo plans to give the police security footage which she claims shows the fight.
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues 75
- Blackhawks extend TVR through 2017-18 3
- Good start: McDavid scores five in Oilers scrimmage 33
- Caps ink Kuznetsov to two-year, $6 million extension 9
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 15
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 37
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 15
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Expansion process underway as NHL sends out applications (94)
- Big money: Tarasenko signs eight-year, $60 million extension with Blues (76)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)