Oct 20, 2012, 6:49 PM EDT
The Edmonton Oilers’ Ben Eager and his brother Michael are reportedly facing charges of assault, assault with weapon, and assault with bodily harm following an alleged bar fight in Toronto, according to City News.
The weapon being referred might have been a chair, according to Mark Spector. He added that matter will be presented to a judge tomorrow.
The incident reportedly took place at The Quail pub around 1 am ET on Saturday and involved a doorman, who was taken to the hospital via an ambulance after sustaining cuts to his face.
“We are used to dealing with young professionals,” the pub’s general manager, Jennine Lombardo said. “Last night stopped staff dead in their tracks and is not typical of what happens at our establishment. Once the fight started, service ended immediately. Our staff was in shock. And we are concerned for our door man who was brutally attacked and hurt.”
Lombardo plans to give the police security footage which she claims shows the fight.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 0
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 11
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 70
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 64
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)