Oct 20, 2012, 3:06 PM EDT
We’ve gotten plenty of grumpy words from some of the players regarding labor negotiations. Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, and Zach Parise have spoken their mind brashly while Ryan Miller had more of an optimistic approach.
“It’s to be expected. It’s not going to be one of those things where, after an offer, we’re going to lay down or after our proposal they’re going to lay down,” Patrick Kane said. “But you still have to look at the positive. Something’s out there; something’s being worked on to be negotiated. You can’t get too up and down in this process.”
That kind of take from Kane reminds me of Dave “Killer” Carlson in “Slap Shot” when he becomes a zen-master of his own kind at the end of the film.
Still, seeing a reasonable approach from guys like Kane while others get caught up in the heated war of words helps make the process of getting this figured out a bit more bearable. Level-headed talk is what will get a deal done.
- Discuss: Blackhawks push series to Game 6 12
- Report: Canucks ask Leafs permission to interview Eakins for head coaching gig 0
- Tortorella takes blame for top players’ struggles 12
- Discuss: Bruins finish off Rangers in Game 5 39
- Brassard says Marchand ‘doesn’t show any respect for his opponents’ 68
- Playoffs tonight: Bruins and Red Wings look to finish things in Game 5 7
- Video: Senators’ captain Alfredsson discusses his future 11
- Penguins put on a ‘clinic’ in semifinal series win over Senators 36
- Report: NHL to present Glendale with Coyotes ownership plan next week 16
- Discuss: Penguins knock off the Senators in Game 5, headed to conference final 74
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (114)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (101)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Discuss: Rangers stay alive with OT win (87)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?
- Play Video: Highlights: Blackhawks stay alive
- Play Video: Bickell blasts Kronwall
- Play Video: Toews scores first goal of the playoffs
- Play Video: Howard with a couple of tremendous saves in Game 5
- Play Video: Highlights: Bruins move onto Eastern Conference finals
- Play Video: Lundqvist takes one away from Lucic