Oct 20, 2012, 3:06 PM EDT
We’ve gotten plenty of grumpy words from some of the players regarding labor negotiations. Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, and Zach Parise have spoken their mind brashly while Ryan Miller had more of an optimistic approach.
“It’s to be expected. It’s not going to be one of those things where, after an offer, we’re going to lay down or after our proposal they’re going to lay down,” Patrick Kane said. “But you still have to look at the positive. Something’s out there; something’s being worked on to be negotiated. You can’t get too up and down in this process.”
That kind of take from Kane reminds me of Dave “Killer” Carlson in “Slap Shot” when he becomes a zen-master of his own kind at the end of the film.
Still, seeing a reasonable approach from guys like Kane while others get caught up in the heated war of words helps make the process of getting this figured out a bit more bearable. Level-headed talk is what will get a deal done.
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 27
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 26
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 20
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 10
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 32
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)