Oct 20, 2012, 3:06 PM EST
We’ve gotten plenty of grumpy words from some of the players regarding labor negotiations. Sidney Crosby, Jonathan Toews, and Zach Parise have spoken their mind brashly while Ryan Miller had more of an optimistic approach.
“It’s to be expected. It’s not going to be one of those things where, after an offer, we’re going to lay down or after our proposal they’re going to lay down,” Patrick Kane said. “But you still have to look at the positive. Something’s out there; something’s being worked on to be negotiated. You can’t get too up and down in this process.”
That kind of take from Kane reminds me of Dave “Killer” Carlson in “Slap Shot” when he becomes a zen-master of his own kind at the end of the film.
Still, seeing a reasonable approach from guys like Kane while others get caught up in the heated war of words helps make the process of getting this figured out a bit more bearable. Level-headed talk is what will get a deal done.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)