Oct 20, 2012, 10:56 PM EDT
If this lockout ends in time to save the 2012-13 campaign, then the players who spent time in Europe and the AHL will be at an advantage. On top of that, those that have done particularly well might be able to carry that momentum into the NHL season.
That might bode well for the Boston Bruins, as several of their players have been shining during the lockout, according to a CSNNE report.
Jordan Caron highlights the list with his hat trick in the AHL Providence Bruins’ 4-3 victory over the Manchester Monarchs on Friday. However, Tyler Seguin and David Krejci have also managed to maintain roughly point-per-game paces in the Swiss League and Czech Leagues respectively.
Then there’s Patrice Bergeron, who accumulated a staggering eight points in just three games while playing for HC Lugano in Switzerland.
Rich Peverley still hasn’t found the back of the net, but he does have seven assists in eight games with JyP HT Jyvaskyla of SM-liiga.
All those players will resume their meaningful roles with Boston once we get a new CBA. The Bruins had a strong regular season in 2011-12, but they were booted from the playoffs in the first round. They’ll be looking to to win their second Stanley Cup in just three years when/if the 2012-13 campaign gets underway.
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 11
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 56
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 7
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 30
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 46
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 21
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (46)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)