Oct 20, 2012, 10:56 PM EDT
If this lockout ends in time to save the 2012-13 campaign, then the players who spent time in Europe and the AHL will be at an advantage. On top of that, those that have done particularly well might be able to carry that momentum into the NHL season.
That might bode well for the Boston Bruins, as several of their players have been shining during the lockout, according to a CSNNE report.
Jordan Caron highlights the list with his hat trick in the AHL Providence Bruins’ 4-3 victory over the Manchester Monarchs on Friday. However, Tyler Seguin and David Krejci have also managed to maintain roughly point-per-game paces in the Swiss League and Czech Leagues respectively.
Then there’s Patrice Bergeron, who accumulated a staggering eight points in just three games while playing for HC Lugano in Switzerland.
Rich Peverley still hasn’t found the back of the net, but he does have seven assists in eight games with JyP HT Jyvaskyla of SM-liiga.
All those players will resume their meaningful roles with Boston once we get a new CBA. The Bruins had a strong regular season in 2011-12, but they were booted from the playoffs in the first round. They’ll be looking to to win their second Stanley Cup in just three years when/if the 2012-13 campaign gets underway.
- Andersen shuts out Flames as Ducks stay perfect in playoffs 1
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 7
- Wild can’t contain ‘Hawks star forwards in Game 2 19
- Stamkos, power play comes alive as Lightning take 2-0 series lead vs. Habs 27
- Video: Stamkos ends goal drought in style 9
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 9
- Rangers hang on, even series with Caps 55
- Video: Ovechkin splits ‘D’, scores while falling 32
- Flames’ Gaudreau wasn’t happy with benching in Game 1 2
- Video: Blackhawks hold off Wild to take series lead 23
- Niklas Kronwall suspended for Game 7 vs. Tampa Bay (116)
- Vigneault: ‘Standards have been set’ after Ovechkin, Backstrom hits (103)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb (81)
- Lightning’s Bishop silences Red Wings in hard fought Game 7 (81)