Oct 20, 2012, 10:56 PM EST
If this lockout ends in time to save the 2012-13 campaign, then the players who spent time in Europe and the AHL will be at an advantage. On top of that, those that have done particularly well might be able to carry that momentum into the NHL season.
That might bode well for the Boston Bruins, as several of their players have been shining during the lockout, according to a CSNNE report.
Jordan Caron highlights the list with his hat trick in the AHL Providence Bruins’ 4-3 victory over the Manchester Monarchs on Friday. However, Tyler Seguin and David Krejci have also managed to maintain roughly point-per-game paces in the Swiss League and Czech Leagues respectively.
Then there’s Patrice Bergeron, who accumulated a staggering eight points in just three games while playing for HC Lugano in Switzerland.
Rich Peverley still hasn’t found the back of the net, but he does have seven assists in eight games with JyP HT Jyvaskyla of SM-liiga.
All those players will resume their meaningful roles with Boston once we get a new CBA. The Bruins had a strong regular season in 2011-12, but they were booted from the playoffs in the first round. They’ll be looking to to win their second Stanley Cup in just three years when/if the 2012-13 campaign gets underway.
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 4
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 7
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 59
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 28
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc (59)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)