Oct 20, 2012, 10:56 PM EDT
If this lockout ends in time to save the 2012-13 campaign, then the players who spent time in Europe and the AHL will be at an advantage. On top of that, those that have done particularly well might be able to carry that momentum into the NHL season.
That might bode well for the Boston Bruins, as several of their players have been shining during the lockout, according to a CSNNE report.
Jordan Caron highlights the list with his hat trick in the AHL Providence Bruins’ 4-3 victory over the Manchester Monarchs on Friday. However, Tyler Seguin and David Krejci have also managed to maintain roughly point-per-game paces in the Swiss League and Czech Leagues respectively.
Then there’s Patrice Bergeron, who accumulated a staggering eight points in just three games while playing for HC Lugano in Switzerland.
Rich Peverley still hasn’t found the back of the net, but he does have seven assists in eight games with JyP HT Jyvaskyla of SM-liiga.
All those players will resume their meaningful roles with Boston once we get a new CBA. The Bruins had a strong regular season in 2011-12, but they were booted from the playoffs in the first round. They’ll be looking to to win their second Stanley Cup in just three years when/if the 2012-13 campaign gets underway.
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 33
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- As Bolts deal with illness, extra day of rest could prove beneficial 11
- Sounds like it’s Rundblad, not TVR, in for Chicago on defense 16
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ 47
- Report: Sharks to name DeBoer head coach 17
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 6
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 11
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 11
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)
- Babcock wants to ‘put Canada’s team back on the map’ (49)