Oct 20, 2012, 10:56 PM EDT
If this lockout ends in time to save the 2012-13 campaign, then the players who spent time in Europe and the AHL will be at an advantage. On top of that, those that have done particularly well might be able to carry that momentum into the NHL season.
That might bode well for the Boston Bruins, as several of their players have been shining during the lockout, according to a CSNNE report.
Jordan Caron highlights the list with his hat trick in the AHL Providence Bruins’ 4-3 victory over the Manchester Monarchs on Friday. However, Tyler Seguin and David Krejci have also managed to maintain roughly point-per-game paces in the Swiss League and Czech Leagues respectively.
Then there’s Patrice Bergeron, who accumulated a staggering eight points in just three games while playing for HC Lugano in Switzerland.
Rich Peverley still hasn’t found the back of the net, but he does have seven assists in eight games with JyP HT Jyvaskyla of SM-liiga.
All those players will resume their meaningful roles with Boston once we get a new CBA. The Bruins had a strong regular season in 2011-12, but they were booted from the playoffs in the first round. They’ll be looking to to win their second Stanley Cup in just three years when/if the 2012-13 campaign gets underway.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 40
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 39
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)