Oct 19, 2012, 11:01 PM EDT
Wisconsin freshman and Anaheim Ducks prospect Nic Kerdiles was recently suspended for the whole 2012-13 campaign after allegedly violating the NCAA’s code of amateurism.
Kerdiles was allegedly linked to agent Ian Pulver.
The NCAA’s decision was appealed and the Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement announced that his suspension will be reduced to 30% of the 2012-13 season. That means Kerdiles isn’t eligible to play in a total of 10 regular season contests, including two that have already taken place.
Wisconsin’s Senior Associate Athletic Director for Regulatory Affairs Walter Dickey said that the University is “dismayed that any penalty whatsoever was imposed on Nic Kerdiles in this matter.”
Dickey maintains “that the facts demonstrate Nic had no culpability.”
The University has also encouraged Kerdiles to explore his options and the hope is that he’ll stay with the team.
Kerdiles was taken with the 36th overall pick in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft.
- NHL fines Sharks $100K for Torres suspension critique 17
- Toews has beef with officiating after Game 2 loss 27
- Discuss: Red Wings even up series, take down Chicago 4-1 22
- No surgery needed for Eric Staal following injury at Worlds 3
- Playoffs tonight: Detroit and San Jose look to change things up 3
- Bruins’ Hamilton: ‘I don’t feel like a rookie anymore’ 24
- Penguins’ Murray: ‘We need to be better’ 8
- Senators’ coach MacLean: Karlsson ‘wasn’t one of the best players’ 4
- Discuss: Penguins defeat Senators in Game 2; lead series 2-0 40
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators 91
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Discuss: Penguins knock Islanders out of playoffs (99)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Capitals discuss ‘lopsided’ penalty calls (82)
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Chargers ink Freeney for 2 years, $8.5 million
- PFT: Teammate says Titus Young opened up to him
- Play Video: Highlights: Red Wings even series, thump Blackhawks
- Play Video: Filppula scores impressive, unbalanced goal
- Play Video: IIHF highlights: Sweden 3, Finland 0
- Play Video: Highlights: Crosby's hat-trick leads Pens in Game 2
- Play Video: Vokoun robs Greening
- Play Video: Crosby scores twice early on in Game 2