Oct 18, 2012, 7:49 PM EDT
One thing you can bank on after the two sides in this labor fight part ways after proposals are rejected is for someone to say something a bit over the top.
Enter Coyotes captain Shane Doan.
Doan met with the media after the NHLPA’s media scrum following today’s acrimonious meeting between the two sides and said while he was hoping things would’ve gone better, dealing with the owners is like getting held up.
“Usually [it's] give me your money or I’m going to hurt you. Not give me your money and I’m going to hurt you.”
It’s hard to picture Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, and Jeremy Jacobs as guys with ski masks on and lead pipes in hand ready to take your money, but this is the picture Doan paints after a rough day at the office with the league.
Crazy part in all this is after all the hard talk from everyone, we’re actually closer to finding a resolution than not. There’s a framework to deal with and if the two sides can figure out the mathematics, there will be hockey. Til then, we’ll have to amuse ourselves with the exotic verbiage.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 10
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 35
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 33
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (67)