Oct 18, 2012, 7:49 PM EDT
One thing you can bank on after the two sides in this labor fight part ways after proposals are rejected is for someone to say something a bit over the top.
Enter Coyotes captain Shane Doan.
Doan met with the media after the NHLPA’s media scrum following today’s acrimonious meeting between the two sides and said while he was hoping things would’ve gone better, dealing with the owners is like getting held up.
“Usually [it’s] give me your money or I’m going to hurt you. Not give me your money and I’m going to hurt you.”
It’s hard to picture Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, and Jeremy Jacobs as guys with ski masks on and lead pipes in hand ready to take your money, but this is the picture Doan paints after a rough day at the office with the league.
Crazy part in all this is after all the hard talk from everyone, we’re actually closer to finding a resolution than not. There’s a framework to deal with and if the two sides can figure out the mathematics, there will be hockey. Til then, we’ll have to amuse ourselves with the exotic verbiage.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 12
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 17
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 15
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 92
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5