Oct 18, 2012, 7:49 PM EDT
One thing you can bank on after the two sides in this labor fight part ways after proposals are rejected is for someone to say something a bit over the top.
Enter Coyotes captain Shane Doan.
Doan met with the media after the NHLPA’s media scrum following today’s acrimonious meeting between the two sides and said while he was hoping things would’ve gone better, dealing with the owners is like getting held up.
“Usually [it’s] give me your money or I’m going to hurt you. Not give me your money and I’m going to hurt you.”
It’s hard to picture Gary Bettman, Bill Daly, and Jeremy Jacobs as guys with ski masks on and lead pipes in hand ready to take your money, but this is the picture Doan paints after a rough day at the office with the league.
Crazy part in all this is after all the hard talk from everyone, we’re actually closer to finding a resolution than not. There’s a framework to deal with and if the two sides can figure out the mathematics, there will be hockey. Til then, we’ll have to amuse ourselves with the exotic verbiage.
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 30
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 12
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 114
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 63
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 25
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 93
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (114)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)