Oct 18, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Today, the Florida Panthers announced their newest ticket sales initiative — the Championship Banner Pack — in which customers can buy tickets to three games and receive a ticket to the Panthers’ season-opener for free.
It’s an interesting move (with some interesting timing) given few teams have made moves to promote ticket sales…especially for the start of the season.
To be fair, Florida’s season opener does hold some extra significance. The Panthers will raise the first-ever Southeast Division banner in their 19-year history that night, having already presented commemorative banners to the city of Sunrise and Broward County.
Based on NHL commissioner Gary Bettman’s desire to get in a full 82-game season starting on Nov. 2, the Panthers’ (theoretical) home opener would be on Saturday, Nov. 3 against the Winnipeg Jets.
Of note, customers that purchase the Championship Banner Pack will get a free mini-banner. So that’s nice.
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 91
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 28
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5
- Wild assistant Sydor arrested for suspected drunk driving, child endangerment 30
- It’s Montreal Canadiens day at PHT 14
- Capitals’ biggest question: Is this finally the year? 32