Oct 18, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Today, the Florida Panthers announced their newest ticket sales initiative — the Championship Banner Pack — in which customers can buy tickets to three games and receive a ticket to the Panthers’ season-opener for free.
It’s an interesting move (with some interesting timing) given few teams have made moves to promote ticket sales…especially for the start of the season.
To be fair, Florida’s season opener does hold some extra significance. The Panthers will raise the first-ever Southeast Division banner in their 19-year history that night, having already presented commemorative banners to the city of Sunrise and Broward County.
Based on NHL commissioner Gary Bettman’s desire to get in a full 82-game season starting on Nov. 2, the Panthers’ (theoretical) home opener would be on Saturday, Nov. 3 against the Winnipeg Jets.
Of note, customers that purchase the Championship Banner Pack will get a free mini-banner. So that’s nice.
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 6
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 4
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Nolan skates Sabres, says the time for ‘taking it easy is over’ 36
- Report: Gryba, Tropp avoid punishment after getting tossed for hits 6
- What they’re saying about the Sabres (and it’s not good) 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Caps, Red Wings battle after hotly contested 13-14 series 5
- Miller wins 300th, Canes finish Oct. without single victory 7
- Video: Backes crashes into Daley, falls to ice hard (Updated) 5
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (61)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)