Oct 18, 2012, 4:00 PM EST
Today, the Florida Panthers announced their newest ticket sales initiative — the Championship Banner Pack — in which customers can buy tickets to three games and receive a ticket to the Panthers’ season-opener for free.
It’s an interesting move (with some interesting timing) given few teams have made moves to promote ticket sales…especially for the start of the season.
To be fair, Florida’s season opener does hold some extra significance. The Panthers will raise the first-ever Southeast Division banner in their 19-year history that night, having already presented commemorative banners to the city of Sunrise and Broward County.
Based on NHL commissioner Gary Bettman’s desire to get in a full 82-game season starting on Nov. 2, the Panthers’ (theoretical) home opener would be on Saturday, Nov. 3 against the Winnipeg Jets.
Of note, customers that purchase the Championship Banner Pack will get a free mini-banner. So that’s nice.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)