Oct 18, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Today, the Florida Panthers announced their newest ticket sales initiative — the Championship Banner Pack — in which customers can buy tickets to three games and receive a ticket to the Panthers’ season-opener for free.
It’s an interesting move (with some interesting timing) given few teams have made moves to promote ticket sales…especially for the start of the season.
To be fair, Florida’s season opener does hold some extra significance. The Panthers will raise the first-ever Southeast Division banner in their 19-year history that night, having already presented commemorative banners to the city of Sunrise and Broward County.
Based on NHL commissioner Gary Bettman’s desire to get in a full 82-game season starting on Nov. 2, the Panthers’ (theoretical) home opener would be on Saturday, Nov. 3 against the Winnipeg Jets.
Of note, customers that purchase the Championship Banner Pack will get a free mini-banner. So that’s nice.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 24
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 41
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 100
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 12
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 21
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 37
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (100)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)