Oct 18, 2012, 4:00 PM EDT
Today, the Florida Panthers announced their newest ticket sales initiative — the Championship Banner Pack — in which customers can buy tickets to three games and receive a ticket to the Panthers’ season-opener for free.
It’s an interesting move (with some interesting timing) given few teams have made moves to promote ticket sales…especially for the start of the season.
To be fair, Florida’s season opener does hold some extra significance. The Panthers will raise the first-ever Southeast Division banner in their 19-year history that night, having already presented commemorative banners to the city of Sunrise and Broward County.
Based on NHL commissioner Gary Bettman’s desire to get in a full 82-game season starting on Nov. 2, the Panthers’ (theoretical) home opener would be on Saturday, Nov. 3 against the Winnipeg Jets.
Of note, customers that purchase the Championship Banner Pack will get a free mini-banner. So that’s nice.
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 7
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 25
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 22
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 18
- Coburn, MacDonald out four weeks with lower-body injuries 16
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 9
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 13
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 31
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)