Oct 18, 2012, 3:33 PM EDT
Taylor Hall is officially locked out.
But for the Edmonton Oilers’ prized youngster, that’s a good thing.
Hall — the only Oiler that’s been collecting a paycheck this season — has received the medical go-ahead on his injured shoulder and been cleared for contact. That means he’s set to join AHL Oklahoma City and start collecting his AHL salary ($67,500, a far cry from the $900,000 he was making at the NHL level.)
No worries though, says Hall. He’s excited to be in OKC.
“I know all the guys like it here. The dressing room is good. The arena is good. They say it’s a good environment to play,” he told the Edmonton Sun. “I’m preparing like I’m going to start my season playing here and I’m good with that.”
One interesting thing to note is that Hall and Jordan Eberle have leased an apartment in Oklahoma City for just two months. That’s a far cry from instructions the Blue Jackets and Devils gave to their AHL-bound youngsters, suggesting they secure housing for the year in Albany and Springfield, respectively.
“Jordan and I have leased a condo here for two months which is a 10-minute walk to the rink,” he explained. ““Until they give us plane tickets for Edmonton, we’re here to work hard and play for Oklahoma City.”
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 0
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 31
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 19
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 82
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 14
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 13
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 46
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (82)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)