Oct 18, 2012, 3:33 PM EST
Taylor Hall is officially locked out.
But for the Edmonton Oilers’ prized youngster, that’s a good thing.
Hall — the only Oiler that’s been collecting a paycheck this season — has received the medical go-ahead on his injured shoulder and been cleared for contact. That means he’s set to join AHL Oklahoma City and start collecting his AHL salary ($67,500, a far cry from the $900,000 he was making at the NHL level.)
No worries though, says Hall. He’s excited to be in OKC.
“I know all the guys like it here. The dressing room is good. The arena is good. They say it’s a good environment to play,” he told the Edmonton Sun. “I’m preparing like I’m going to start my season playing here and I’m good with that.”
One interesting thing to note is that Hall and Jordan Eberle have leased an apartment in Oklahoma City for just two months. That’s a far cry from instructions the Blue Jackets and Devils gave to their AHL-bound youngsters, suggesting they secure housing for the year in Albany and Springfield, respectively.
“Jordan and I have leased a condo here for two months which is a 10-minute walk to the rink,” he explained. ““Until they give us plane tickets for Edmonton, we’re here to work hard and play for Oklahoma City.”
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 13
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 19
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 1
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Video: Emotional day for Martin St. Louis ends in OT loss for Rangers 27
- Video: Caps, Flyers engage in another line brawl 53
- PHT’s 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 28
- Winners and losers of the 2014 trade deadline 48
- Montreal wins Vanek sweepstakes (Updated) 46
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Sabres send Miller, Ott to Blues for package including Halak, Stewart (74)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)