Oct 18, 2012, 3:33 PM EDT
Taylor Hall is officially locked out.
But for the Edmonton Oilers’ prized youngster, that’s a good thing.
Hall — the only Oiler that’s been collecting a paycheck this season — has received the medical go-ahead on his injured shoulder and been cleared for contact. That means he’s set to join AHL Oklahoma City and start collecting his AHL salary ($67,500, a far cry from the $900,000 he was making at the NHL level.)
No worries though, says Hall. He’s excited to be in OKC.
“I know all the guys like it here. The dressing room is good. The arena is good. They say it’s a good environment to play,” he told the Edmonton Sun. “I’m preparing like I’m going to start my season playing here and I’m good with that.”
One interesting thing to note is that Hall and Jordan Eberle have leased an apartment in Oklahoma City for just two months. That’s a far cry from instructions the Blue Jackets and Devils gave to their AHL-bound youngsters, suggesting they secure housing for the year in Albany and Springfield, respectively.
“Jordan and I have leased a condo here for two months which is a 10-minute walk to the rink,” he explained. ““Until they give us plane tickets for Edmonton, we’re here to work hard and play for Oklahoma City.”
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 7
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 3
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 30
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)