Oct 18, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
NHLPA boss Donald Fehr is being backed by an 18-player contingent at Thursday’s collective bargaining session in Toronto.
Highlighted by Sidney Crosby — a frequent union presence this summer — the star-studded group also includes Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews, Calgary Flames captain Jarome Iginla, Carolina Hurricanes captain Eric Staal, Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan and Edmonton Oilers captain Shawn Horcoff.
Other players in attendance: Craig Adams, Brad Boyes, Chris Campoli, David Clarkson, Dan Cleary, Carlo Colaiacovo, Mathieu Darche, Robyn Regehr, Matt Stajan, Shawn Thornton, Kevin Westgarth and Daniel Winnik.
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 5
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 7
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 15
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 47
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 57
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Capitals investment: Holtby signs five-year, $30.5M deal 21
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- NHL to ‘focus exclusively’ on expansion bids for Las Vegas and Quebec City (89)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (60)