Oct 18, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
NHLPA boss Donald Fehr is being backed by an 18-player contingent at Thursday’s collective bargaining session in Toronto.
Highlighted by Sidney Crosby — a frequent union presence this summer — the star-studded group also includes Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews, Calgary Flames captain Jarome Iginla, Carolina Hurricanes captain Eric Staal, Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan and Edmonton Oilers captain Shawn Horcoff.
Other players in attendance: Craig Adams, Brad Boyes, Chris Campoli, David Clarkson, Dan Cleary, Carlo Colaiacovo, Mathieu Darche, Robyn Regehr, Matt Stajan, Shawn Thornton, Kevin Westgarth and Daniel Winnik.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)