Oct 18, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
NHLPA boss Donald Fehr is being backed by an 18-player contingent at Thursday’s collective bargaining session in Toronto.
Highlighted by Sidney Crosby — a frequent union presence this summer — the star-studded group also includes Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews, Calgary Flames captain Jarome Iginla, Carolina Hurricanes captain Eric Staal, Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan and Edmonton Oilers captain Shawn Horcoff.
Other players in attendance: Craig Adams, Brad Boyes, Chris Campoli, David Clarkson, Dan Cleary, Carlo Colaiacovo, Mathieu Darche, Robyn Regehr, Matt Stajan, Shawn Thornton, Kevin Westgarth and Daniel Winnik.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 31
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 40
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 18
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 31
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 45
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (45)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (44)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)