Oct 18, 2012, 12:32 PM EDT
NHLPA boss Donald Fehr is being backed by an 18-player contingent at Thursday’s collective bargaining session in Toronto.
Highlighted by Sidney Crosby — a frequent union presence this summer — the star-studded group also includes Chicago Blackhawks captain Jonathan Toews, Calgary Flames captain Jarome Iginla, Carolina Hurricanes captain Eric Staal, Phoenix Coyotes captain Shane Doan and Edmonton Oilers captain Shawn Horcoff.
Other players in attendance: Craig Adams, Brad Boyes, Chris Campoli, David Clarkson, Dan Cleary, Carlo Colaiacovo, Mathieu Darche, Robyn Regehr, Matt Stajan, Shawn Thornton, Kevin Westgarth and Daniel Winnik.
- Red-hot Quick sets new Kings’ franchise shutout record 7
- Reports: Chara could miss at least 4-6 weeks with knee injury 10
- Video: Red Wings’ stars stun Penguins with late surge 18
- Report: Isles’ Bailey out indefinitely after breaking hand 3
- Dale Hunter: Ovechkin isn’t going to win the Selke, but he’s ‘coachable’ 13
- Voynov case: D.A. wants ‘additional follow-up’ from police before deciding on charges 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins 82
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 15
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 3
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)