Oct 17, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Well, it seems like that assessment was hasty – or Toews has a funny way of showing it.
Toews updated his stance to Kuc with some frank words about the latest CBA offer.
“There’s no real effort there,” Toews said. “It’s just a ploy to kind of sway the positive light back in their favor”.
Kuc reports that Toews isn’t optimistic that a deal will get done anytime soon.
Despite those feelings, Toews will reportedly be on hand during Thursday’s meetings in Toronto, according to ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers.
Perhaps his outlook will change then?
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)