Oct 17, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Well, it seems like that assessment was hasty – or Toews has a funny way of showing it.
Toews updated his stance to Kuc with some frank words about the latest CBA offer.
“There’s no real effort there,” Toews said. “It’s just a ploy to kind of sway the positive light back in their favor”.
Kuc reports that Toews isn’t optimistic that a deal will get done anytime soon.
Despite those feelings, Toews will reportedly be on hand during Thursday’s meetings in Toronto, according to ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers.
Perhaps his outlook will change then?
- WATCH LIVE: Montreal Canadiens vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 1) 2
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 76
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 32
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 55
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 41
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (77)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (55)