Oct 17, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Well, it seems like that assessment was hasty – or Toews has a funny way of showing it.
Toews updated his stance to Kuc with some frank words about the latest CBA offer.
“There’s no real effort there,” Toews said. “It’s just a ploy to kind of sway the positive light back in their favor”.
Kuc reports that Toews isn’t optimistic that a deal will get done anytime soon.
Despite those feelings, Toews will reportedly be on hand during Thursday’s meetings in Toronto, according to ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers.
Perhaps his outlook will change then?
- Stars win one night after Peverley collapse, give Miller first Blues loss 3
- Crosby, Pens continue recent dominance of Ovechkin, Caps 19
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 8
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 17
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 57
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (70)
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter (60)