Oct 17, 2012, 8:45 PM EST
Well, it seems like that assessment was hasty – or Toews has a funny way of showing it.
Toews updated his stance to Kuc with some frank words about the latest CBA offer.
“There’s no real effort there,” Toews said. “It’s just a ploy to kind of sway the positive light back in their favor”.
Kuc reports that Toews isn’t optimistic that a deal will get done anytime soon.
Despite those feelings, Toews will reportedly be on hand during Thursday’s meetings in Toronto, according to ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers.
Perhaps his outlook will change then?
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 14
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 3
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 19
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 52
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 57
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 89
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 10
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 60
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (60)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (57)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)