Oct 17, 2012, 8:45 PM EDT
Well, it seems like that assessment was hasty – or Toews has a funny way of showing it.
Toews updated his stance to Kuc with some frank words about the latest CBA offer.
“There’s no real effort there,” Toews said. “It’s just a ploy to kind of sway the positive light back in their favor”.
Kuc reports that Toews isn’t optimistic that a deal will get done anytime soon.
Despite those feelings, Toews will reportedly be on hand during Thursday’s meetings in Toronto, according to ESPN Chicago’s Jesse Rogers.
Perhaps his outlook will change then?
- Sleepy Sharks hit new low in loss to Buffalo 0
- Goalie nods: Gustavsson gets his second start 0
- Price downplays start as Canadiens host Rangers 6
- Sens, Habs and Leafs pay tribute to fallen soldier 3
- More like it? Avs crush Canucks 32
- Video: Beauties from Perry, Eberle and Duchene 4
- Ghost Time: Flyers recall Gostisbehere from AHL 28
- Trotz calls Healy’s comments on Ovechkin (and Ovechkin’s mom) ‘disrespectful’ 26
- Report: Billionaire wants NHL team in Vegas; new Coyotes owner ‘sees flipping the team as a good investment’ 23
- Chara has PCL tear, out 4-6 weeks 20
- Video: Two quick third-period goals propel Flyers over rival Penguins (82)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)