Oct 17, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
Another day, another NHLer headed to Europe.
Though in this instance, it’s another NHLer headed back to Europe.
Russell signed with TPS in late September but suffered a knee injury shortly thereafter, forcing him to return to St. Louis for treatment.
According to TrueHockey’s Andy Strickland, Russell had a slight MCL tear that was initially misdiagnosed in Finland. But after seeing doctors in North America, he received the proper medical assessment and was quick to resume skating activity.
Russell is set to re-join the Turku lineup this weekend.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 61
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5