Oct 17, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
Another day, another NHLer headed to Europe.
Though in this instance, it’s another NHLer headed back to Europe.
Russell signed with TPS in late September but suffered a knee injury shortly thereafter, forcing him to return to St. Louis for treatment.
According to TrueHockey’s Andy Strickland, Russell had a slight MCL tear that was initially misdiagnosed in Finland. But after seeing doctors in North America, he received the proper medical assessment and was quick to resume skating activity.
Russell is set to re-join the Turku lineup this weekend.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 16
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 69
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)