Oct 17, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
Another day, another NHLer headed to Europe.
Though in this instance, it’s another NHLer headed back to Europe.
Russell signed with TPS in late September but suffered a knee injury shortly thereafter, forcing him to return to St. Louis for treatment.
According to TrueHockey’s Andy Strickland, Russell had a slight MCL tear that was initially misdiagnosed in Finland. But after seeing doctors in North America, he received the proper medical assessment and was quick to resume skating activity.
Russell is set to re-join the Turku lineup this weekend.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 3
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)