Oct 17, 2012, 4:01 PM EDT
Another day, another NHLer headed to Europe.
Though in this instance, it’s another NHLer headed back to Europe.
Russell signed with TPS in late September but suffered a knee injury shortly thereafter, forcing him to return to St. Louis for treatment.
According to TrueHockey’s Andy Strickland, Russell had a slight MCL tear that was initially misdiagnosed in Finland. But after seeing doctors in North America, he received the proper medical assessment and was quick to resume skating activity.
Russell is set to re-join the Turku lineup this weekend.
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 24
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 39
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 22
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 23
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 47
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 135
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 40
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51