Oct 17, 2012, 4:01 PM EST
Another day, another NHLer headed to Europe.
Though in this instance, it’s another NHLer headed back to Europe.
Russell signed with TPS in late September but suffered a knee injury shortly thereafter, forcing him to return to St. Louis for treatment.
According to TrueHockey’s Andy Strickland, Russell had a slight MCL tear that was initially misdiagnosed in Finland. But after seeing doctors in North America, he received the proper medical assessment and was quick to resume skating activity.
Russell is set to re-join the Turku lineup this weekend.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 34
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 39
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 8
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 78
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)