Oct 16, 2012, 7:19 PM EST
The owners put the ball in the NHLPA’s court with the latest offer, and from the sound of things, we might find out the players’ response by Thursday.
For one thing, the NHLPA is expected to present a counter-proposal “within the next 24-48 hours” according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Along similar lines, the next meeting could take place either on Wednesday afternoon or sometime Thursday, ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports.
Either way, the Oct. 25 “deadline” provides some reason for renewed urgency, so it looks like an NHLPA reply should surface in the near future.
To get an idea of the many things are now up in the air thanks to the owners’ new proposal, check out TSN’s Insider Trading segment.
- Video: Lightning pay tribute to St. Louis 2
- He’s baaaaack: Brodeur joins Blues on tryout basis 19
- Chelios calls ex-teammate Shanahan an inexperienced ‘politician’ 16
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 3
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 16
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 22
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 13
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 9
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)