Oct 16, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
The owners put the ball in the NHLPA’s court with the latest offer, and from the sound of things, we might find out the players’ response by Thursday.
For one thing, the NHLPA is expected to present a counter-proposal “within the next 24-48 hours” according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Along similar lines, the next meeting could take place either on Wednesday afternoon or sometime Thursday, ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports.
Either way, the Oct. 25 “deadline” provides some reason for renewed urgency, so it looks like an NHLPA reply should surface in the near future.
To get an idea of the many things are now up in the air thanks to the owners’ new proposal, check out TSN’s Insider Trading segment.
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 3
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 46
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 14
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 44
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12
- Snider: Flyers not hiding behind ‘horrible mistake’ of signing Bryzgalov 21
- P.K. Subban: ‘I’m not trying to change the game of hockey’ 24
- Demand for Canucks tickets plummeting according to broker 39