Oct 16, 2012, 7:19 PM EST
The owners put the ball in the NHLPA’s court with the latest offer, and from the sound of things, we might find out the players’ response by Thursday.
For one thing, the NHLPA is expected to present a counter-proposal “within the next 24-48 hours” according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Along similar lines, the next meeting could take place either on Wednesday afternoon or sometime Thursday, ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports.
Either way, the Oct. 25 “deadline” provides some reason for renewed urgency, so it looks like an NHLPA reply should surface in the near future.
To get an idea of the many things are now up in the air thanks to the owners’ new proposal, check out TSN’s Insider Trading segment.
- NHL on NBCSN: Penguins kick off Rivalry Night vs. Capitals 0
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 50
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 17
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 41
- Mike Richards clears waivers 32
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang 57
- Isles’ rise to be tested as they lose Okposo for 6-8 weeks 17
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards 127
- Bobrovsky out 4-6 weeks, Jackets recall goalie Forsberg 3
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- L.A. Sorry? Kings waive Mike Richards (127)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)
- Video: NHL offers Flyers’ Rinaldo in-person hearing (57)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended eight games for his hit on Letang (57)