Oct 16, 2012, 7:19 PM EST
The owners put the ball in the NHLPA’s court with the latest offer, and from the sound of things, we might find out the players’ response by Thursday.
For one thing, the NHLPA is expected to present a counter-proposal “within the next 24-48 hours” according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Along similar lines, the next meeting could take place either on Wednesday afternoon or sometime Thursday, ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports.
Either way, the Oct. 25 “deadline” provides some reason for renewed urgency, so it looks like an NHLPA reply should surface in the near future.
To get an idea of the many things are now up in the air thanks to the owners’ new proposal, check out TSN’s Insider Trading segment.
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 45
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 29
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 6
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Video: ‘The message is not being heard’ when it comes to illegal hits, suspensions 53
- Video: Kunitz collides with Rangers’ goalie Lundqvist in overtime (Updated) 60
- Discuss: Penguins outlast Rangers in the shootout on NBCSN Rivalry Night 43
- Video: Jagr passes Yzerman for eighth on NHL goals list 12
- Wild put Harding on IR to undergo change in MS treatment 17
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Janssen: Orpik should’ve fought Thornton, then ‘everything would have quieted down’ (123)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)