Oct 16, 2012, 7:19 PM EDT
The owners put the ball in the NHLPA’s court with the latest offer, and from the sound of things, we might find out the players’ response by Thursday.
For one thing, the NHLPA is expected to present a counter-proposal “within the next 24-48 hours” according to TSN’s Darren Dreger.
Along similar lines, the next meeting could take place either on Wednesday afternoon or sometime Thursday, ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun reports.
Either way, the Oct. 25 “deadline” provides some reason for renewed urgency, so it looks like an NHLPA reply should surface in the near future.
To get an idea of the many things are now up in the air thanks to the owners’ new proposal, check out TSN’s Insider Trading segment.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 0
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 6
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 4
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 23
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 15
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 75
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (88)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)