Oct 16, 2012, 3:14 PM EDT
Lost in today’s big CBA news is a report out of Arizona that Greg Jamison is getting closer to finalizing his purchase of the Phoenix Coyotes.
Sources told Paul Calvisi of Arizona Sports 620AM that Jamison met with NHL commissioner Gary Bettman on Monday in New York and made “progress toward closing” the deal.
Yes, we’ve heard news like this before. And Jamison and the City of Glendale still have to put the lease agreement to bed.
But at the very least it seems the deal’s not dead.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)