Oct 16, 2012, 3:14 PM EDT
Lost in today’s big CBA news is a report out of Arizona that Greg Jamison is getting closer to finalizing his purchase of the Phoenix Coyotes.
Sources told Paul Calvisi of Arizona Sports 620AM that Jamison met with NHL commissioner Gary Bettman on Monday in New York and made “progress toward closing” the deal.
Yes, we’ve heard news like this before. And Jamison and the City of Glendale still have to put the lease agreement to bed.
But at the very least it seems the deal’s not dead.
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 3
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 35
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 25
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 90
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- Leafs ‘lack an identity,’ says Leiweke 30
- On the hot seat: McPhee will ‘talk in a couple of days’ 21
- Bruins are 7/2 favorites to win the Stanley Cup; Blues next at 6/1 49
- End of an era: Trotz out as Nashville head coach 40
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (90)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)