Oct 16, 2012, 3:14 PM EDT
Lost in today’s big CBA news is a report out of Arizona that Greg Jamison is getting closer to finalizing his purchase of the Phoenix Coyotes.
Sources told Paul Calvisi of Arizona Sports 620AM that Jamison met with NHL commissioner Gary Bettman on Monday in New York and made “progress toward closing” the deal.
Yes, we’ve heard news like this before. And Jamison and the City of Glendale still have to put the lease agreement to bed.
But at the very least it seems the deal’s not dead.
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 28
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 23
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 36
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 20
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 53
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Deal with the Devils: New Jersey re-signs Larsson to six-year contract 14
- Stepan seeks $7.25M in arbitration, Rangers counter at $5.2M 24
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (68)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)