Oct 16, 2012, 3:14 PM EDT
Lost in today’s big CBA news is a report out of Arizona that Greg Jamison is getting closer to finalizing his purchase of the Phoenix Coyotes.
Sources told Paul Calvisi of Arizona Sports 620AM that Jamison met with NHL commissioner Gary Bettman on Monday in New York and made “progress toward closing” the deal.
Yes, we’ve heard news like this before. And Jamison and the City of Glendale still have to put the lease agreement to bed.
But at the very least it seems the deal’s not dead.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 34
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)