Oct 16, 2012, 9:13 PM EDT
Despite showing guarded optimism, several players have emphasized that the CBA negotiations still have a way to go, but Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Steve Montador provided the most specifics.
“There’s still some time that it could get done,” Montador said. “I’m cautiously optimistic, because I want to be. Having said that, there is still work to do.”
Montador went into additional detail regarding potential stumbling blocks with Chicago Sun-Times reporter Adam Jahns.
He began by explaining that the new offer might make the issue of hockey-related revenue that much foggier.
“What we learned from the negotiating meeting was that there [were a number] of changes to HRR definitions,” Montador said.
He revealed that alterations to rookie deals might be one of the biggest sticking points.
“There’s a handful of things we weren’t in favor of and the entry-level system is the biggest one,” Montador said.
In other words, the two sides might need plenty of time to hash out details if Oct. 25 is a realistic deadline for a deal.
- Video: Johnny Hockey puts on a show in Flames win 0
- Video: Red Wings’ fans show support for Gordie Howe 0
- Burrows suspended three games for ‘late hit to the head’ on Emelin 11
- Blues say Center for Disease Control hasn’t been to Scottrade, don’t plan on it coming 7
- Agent: Vanek was not ‘involved’ in money laundering 12
- Even after big changes, Isles still struggling defensively 13
- Back to junior: Sabres return Reinhart to WHL Kootenay 4
- Report: Phone hearing for Burrows, who says hit on Emelin wasn’t late 38
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 12
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 37
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (46)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)