Oct 16, 2012, 9:13 PM EDT
Despite showing guarded optimism, several players have emphasized that the CBA negotiations still have a way to go, but Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Steve Montador provided the most specifics.
“There’s still some time that it could get done,” Montador said. “I’m cautiously optimistic, because I want to be. Having said that, there is still work to do.”
Montador went into additional detail regarding potential stumbling blocks with Chicago Sun-Times reporter Adam Jahns.
He began by explaining that the new offer might make the issue of hockey-related revenue that much foggier.
“What we learned from the negotiating meeting was that there [were a number] of changes to HRR definitions,” Montador said.
He revealed that alterations to rookie deals might be one of the biggest sticking points.
“There’s a handful of things we weren’t in favor of and the entry-level system is the biggest one,” Montador said.
In other words, the two sides might need plenty of time to hash out details if Oct. 25 is a realistic deadline for a deal.
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 7
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 15
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 65
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 60
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)