Oct 16, 2012, 9:13 PM EDT
Despite showing guarded optimism, several players have emphasized that the CBA negotiations still have a way to go, but Chicago Blackhawks defenseman Steve Montador provided the most specifics.
“There’s still some time that it could get done,” Montador said. “I’m cautiously optimistic, because I want to be. Having said that, there is still work to do.”
Montador went into additional detail regarding potential stumbling blocks with Chicago Sun-Times reporter Adam Jahns.
He began by explaining that the new offer might make the issue of hockey-related revenue that much foggier.
“What we learned from the negotiating meeting was that there [were a number] of changes to HRR definitions,” Montador said.
He revealed that alterations to rookie deals might be one of the biggest sticking points.
“There’s a handful of things we weren’t in favor of and the entry-level system is the biggest one,” Montador said.
In other words, the two sides might need plenty of time to hash out details if Oct. 25 is a realistic deadline for a deal.
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 4
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 62
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 45
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (62)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)